Chapter 32

Kaylee's POV
"Gorney?" The guard asked, while I nodded and stood up from the uncomfortable, plastic chair. "follow me." He said, while I let him lead me through closed doors.
"He should be out soon, just sit here." The same guy said, while I smiled, and thanked him.
The dress I was wearing was probably not necessary, but what do you wear to a jail anyways?
I heard someone sit down from across me, which made me look up immediately.
I reached for the black phone that was to the left of me, and put it up to my ear, while he mocked.
"Hello." He said, smiling at me.
"Hi." I sighed, giving him a small smile too.
"Uh-are you-" he paused, pointing towards my stomach.
"Uh-yeah." I said, patting the huge stomach I have.
"10 years." He mumbled. "You've grown up so much." He said.
"10 years." I said, thinking about everything he has missed within that time period.
"How is the family?" He asked.
"Um-Mom's good." I smiled. "She's a grandma." I said, looking at him to see him smile.
"Joey had kids?" He asked, smiling widely.
"Yeah, a 2 year old girl." I said.
"Name?" He asked, playing with the phone cord from nerves.
"Mikayla." I informed him.
"I like that name." He said, while I nodded.
"She's a cutie." I smiled.
"Look, I know you're not here to have a conversation with me," he started, while I nodded in agreement. "So just ask away." He said, knowing I actually came here to get answers.
"Why'd you do it?"
~*~
Hayes' POV
"Where is she?" Damond asked, walking throughout the whole apartment frantically.
"Uh-" I started.
"Let me make this clear," Damond said, walking up to me angrily. "Where, is, she?" He yelled, emphasizing each word, with pauses in between.
"At-she went to go see your Dad." I finally confessed.
"What?" Damond shouted. "Why would you let her go?" Damond asked, pulling on his hair.
"She said I couldn't control her." I said, knowing I should've tried harder to stop her.
"Is she fucking stupid?!" Damond asked to no one in particular.
"Language dude." I said softly, trying to make him calm down.
"Why did she go?" Damond asked quietly, once his breathing became somewhat normal.
"She said something about wanting closure? But I could be mistaken." I said, falling back onto the couch.
"Why didn't you go with her?" Damond asked, sitting down next to me.
"Tried that." I sighed, rubbing my forehead from frustration.
"Where is this jail?" Damond asked again.
"You ask too many questions." I muttered, sitting up.
"Fine. Tell me where this jail is located, and you can live." Damond said, squeezing my shoulder hard.
"Saint Louis." I confirmed.
@@@@@@@@@@@
Sorry it's short, but I am currently snowed in with my family. I've been stuck in the same house with my family for 4 days straight, and I'm super anxious to get out, that I can't think clearly.
We are having a bad snowstorm, which is all lake effect snow, since Buffalo is right next to Lake Erie.
We have 6 ft already, so please pray for me. I'm slowly becoming insane.
Plus, we only got done with phase one of the storm, and phase two has started now. I've already had 3 snow days, and I am definitely not having school tomorrow either.
Also, we are expected to get at least 2 more ft of snow.
8 deaths have already happened, and you can't even find the street, let alone see across the street.
To sum it up, it's basically hell.
Anyways, I wanted to update for you guys, even though I can't think straight. So I added another chapter till the epilogue just cause this chapter was sucky.
~Kaylee👌