Chapter 35

Kaylee's POV
"Hey, do you like my sweater?" Joey asked us all, posing against the doorframe of the dining room.

"It's ugly." Danny commented.

"That's the point. It's an ugly sweater. It is Christmas Eve you know, show some spirit." Joey groaned. "Just come out Damond."

"No, I need my entrance." Damond whispered to Joey, peeking his head from behind the corner.

"No!" Joey whispered back. This continuing for quite sometime. From an outsiders point of view it would look like we were watching a tennis match, our heads turning from side to side.

"Fine." Joey sighed. "And now, the magnificent Damond." Joey said dryly, slowly clapping, and don't forget the eye roll.

"Hello, my fellow peasants." Damond said, lowering his head so his chin touched his chest, making him look especially creepy.

"What the hell is happening?" My mom asked in a whisper to Danny and I.

"I don't fucking know." Danny said, not taking his eyes off of Damond and Joey doing some performance.

"And for the final touch!" Damond started, standing on an office chair.

"Now that's just not safe." I said, Danny smirking along.

Damond and Joey then touched both of their sweaters to make them light up.

"Ta-da!" Joey cheered, motioning to his stomach.

Then, as if it happened in a blink of an eye, which it did, orange illuminated from Joey's stomach.

"Oh my god!" Damond screamed, falling off the chair, making a thud on the floor.

"Fire!" Danny screamed. "WEE-O, WEE-O!" He screamed yet again.

I was trying to process this, and same with my mother, when Maddie walked into the room carrying presents for under the tree.

"What the fuck?" Maddie asked, dropping her presents. While we all watched Joey rolling on the floor.

Maddie ran out, and came back with an extinguisher.

"Should we do something?" I asked my mom.

"Nah, she's got this." She said, nodding her head to Maddie.

"Stop fucking moving! I can't extinguish if you don't let me extinguish!" She yelled, kicking Joey, who was now just a smoking mess.

"Wow! I'm burning alive, and you're telling me to stop moving!" Joey yelled, still rolling. "I didn't tell you to calm down while giving birth now did I?" He yelled, making all of us laugh.

"No help either guys?" Damond complained from the floor, next to Joey.

"Oh yeah!" We all yelled, hurrying up from our chairs at the table to assist the crippled.

~*~

"So," I started, mouth full of a soft pretzel. "how are you and your lady friend?" I asked Damond, sitting inside some open ice skating rink, while every one else was on the ice. Being pregnant had its flaws.

"It's complicated." He mumbled, dipping his pretzel into cheese.

"What do you mean? I thought you were doing good?" I asked, actually confused.

"I don't know. She's great, but-I don't know." He gave up, obviously trying to avoid the issue.

"No, you tell me, and you tell me now." I demanded, turning to face him so he understood that I had my full undivided attention on this situation right now.

"Alrighty then," he sighed, setting down his food, and running his hands through his perfect hair.

"So what is it?" I asked, becoming impatient.

"I'm Damond Gorney, the Bachelor." He said, making motions with his hands.

"So? You can become, Damond Gorney, the taken man." I shrugged, not seeing his struggle.

"I don't know if I want that." He said, rubbing his neck. "It's like loosing a title that I'm known for. And Liam Hemsworth is not stealing this from me too!" He complained.

"So you don't want to date because of a title, and some stupid rivalry?" I asked.

"It's not just that." Damond sighed again. "Brighton drives me fucking crazy, like up the wall, rubber room, crazy." He said, clenching his fists. "But then, she's the most beautiful person I have ever seen, and she makes me laugh like I've never laughed before." He smiled to himself, making me smile too. "And that's hard because I laugh ALL the time." He laughed. "See?" He asked, pointing to his mouth.

"I see." I nodded. "But since I'm your sister, and you're favorite neighbor, and costar, I'm gonna tell you the truth." I said, placing my hand on his shoulder. "You deserve Brighton, and I've never seen you so happy. Sure you're known for being alone and successful, but wouldn't you rather share that with someone? Especially her because she understands what you're going through?" I asked him, him thinking to himself.

"Okay. Thanks Sis, makes sense. I'll ask her on an official date when I get back." He nods.

"Woah, you haven't went on your first date yet?" I asked him.

"No because I'm a man that's a pussy." He sighed.

"Aren't you all." I muttered, referring to Hayes.

"Well how's you and pussy #1?" Damond asked.

"He's okay. I called him an hour ago to ask him how North Carolina was. He just needed time with his family." I said, Damond nodding to that.

"I think we all did." He said.