Chapter 9

I sat cross legged on the concrete floor, observing the fire wolf. There was a human behind the beast, I knew there was.
I reached out my hand, and pressed it against the iron bars. The wolf-like beast flicks it tongue out, and licks my hand. "You're not so bad. Why'd they put you in here?" The wolf shifts into a young girl, her clothes tattered, and body covered in burn marks. 

"Who are you?"

"A friend. Name's Katy. What are you doing in here?"

"They put me in here after I killed one of their's."

"What's your name?" I ask, handing her my water bottle and stack of saltine crackers. 

"Selena." So, this was the girl they were talking about.

"What are you?" I planned on getting answers from this girl, even if it killed me. 

"A hellhound. If you weren't like me, I'd have already snapped your head off."

"That's reassuring."

"Is that all you need to know?" Her eyes started glowing like St. Elmo's Fire again, and I joined in. Her eyes widen and she's shocked at my control. 

"Do they feed you at all?"

"Not really. All they ever bring me is scraps from your luxurious dinners. I could be dining with all of you, but your little crush, Derek, locked me in here. If you free me, I'll help in any way I can."

"I need to find my original parents. Not the ones that died in a car crash."

"I can do that. Just find the keys, and don't tell anyone you were talking to me."

Should Katy trust Selena?