Chapter 10

VOTE//COMMENT//SHARE

Chapter 10

She slipped on the black dress, smooth material settled over her skin. Hair up in a neat ponytail and faint makeup was on her face, but it would soon run with a mix of her tears. It definitely was not the feelings she thought she would have again for a long time, but alas life was not what you expect it.

The door opened to reveal her oldest brother, a slight nod of his head meant it was time, time to say goodbye to someone she didn't want to let go of even if he had done bad...

Her eyes shot open as she sat up from the uncomfortable position in the hospital's chair, dried tears stained her face as she looked around for her brothers, fumbling to stand, Tris slowly made her way to Nathan's room, to find him sitting up a small smile on his face, hair an absolute mess. He looked up to meet her eyes, blue eyes met another as he opened his arms slightly gesturing for a hug, catching the attention of the two brothers in the room.

Cautiously she moved towards the bed, and shuffled over to the side, hand reaching to touch his face. Making sure he wasn't a figment of her wild imagination and he was really there, that he wouldn't disappear. She now understood the feelings her brothers had when she left.

"Hey" he whispered, voice scratching and broken, not just from a dry throat but from the tears that threaten to spill over his eyes.

"Hi" she replied pulling a chair next to the bed to sit down, the other brothers already retreating from the room to give the pair some much-needed space.

She laid on her bed that night, the first time in a while that a smile graced her lips as she thought of how over the tears of sadness she was. The silence then was broken by a knock at her door, and after yelling at whoever it was to enter, her smile became even wider when she saw Charlie's head poke through the door.

He came in and laid next to his best friend, he was also smiling but it didn't meet his eyes, speaking of his eyes they held a questioning look as he listens to Tris speak about how Nathan was improving and should be released soon.

"Charles, why does all this happen at once?" she sat up and so did he. Charlie thought for a bit before settling on an answer

"The universe has to move forward, pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world or a relationship, everything has its time and everything ends"

"That was amazing, but I'm pretty sure that's from Doctor Who" Tris laughed

"No no, I'm pretty sure I'm amazing and can come up beautiful lines. Why I got an A in English" he chuckled trying to defend himself

"You idiot, you got a C in English because you never paid attention!"

Nathan went home the next day, though not home as in Tris' house, home as in where his dad lived. Though it was a questionable decision because Nathans dad didn't show up to the hospital more than twice, once to sign forms saying the operation had the go ahead and the second time to sign him out. Apparently, work was more important than his son in the hospital for a gunshot wound, though I guess everyone has priorities just some peoples aren't correctly placed.

The teen was bedridden unless it was a physio appointment, or he needed to pee, which he needed help with anyway. You would think that dad would take time off work to care for his son, but no it was all his sister and Charlie who helped him. The school was out for two weeks as the staff believed after the news of what happened to a fellow student and everything else, they needed a refresher before starting exams. Though that wasn't the case for some of the brothers, Jordan and Blake went back to university, Liam and Kyle were off on camp with their sports teams.