Chapter Eight

the sunday that gray promised to ask for ultears fathers blessing was either going to be the best day of his life or the complete opposite. he told his parents and they couldnt of been more happier, they then gave Gray the ring that belonged to Mika's mother and it lit grays day up. 

juvia on the other hand finally got to meet her new king and at first she didnt trust him until she got to know him later that day and fell in love along with Lyon. 

---------------

grays pov < 18 years old. 

i wake up early in the morning as usual and get the horse ready for the king and queens delivery. 'when i come back, i have something to talk about with you and mother' gray said jumping on the horse and his father nodded. 

'okay, have a safe trip son' he replied and i chuckled and made the horse move. and we were on our way to the castle. 

---

when i got to the castle i noticed a second carriage and two men came out. both had white platinum hair, i didn't talk to them because its illegle to start convosations with royal blood. weird i know but you have to wait until they speak. its an order. the king that came out gave me a stern look and the younger one looked scared but tried to be tough inside. all i could do was bow to them. the king gave me a nod and then continued to walk to the door where the guard let them in. 

when i untied the carriage tied onto spice, i picked it up and no lie it was very heavy, lots of meat, fruit and veg but damn they order a lot. the guard opened the door for me and i could hear two kings chatting away. i carefully put the crate down and they all noticed me. 'this is my delvery boy Gray Fullbuster' the king said and yet again i bowed down. 

'yes, i met him outside, hes a bit young to be a delivery boy' snobby piece of shit.

'oh no, he's eighteen now. and very strong for his age' the second king walked over to me and checked me over. 'what are you boy?' 

'a farmer your highness' i said looking in his eyes which scared the crap out of me. 

'hmm, i bet you've met the princess' so what if i have. 'tell me do you think she beautiful?' i looked over to MY king and he just looked down. its as if he was scared of this king. 'when i ask a question i expect it to be answered'

'yes i do think shes beautiful' i wasnt lying. i do but i'm nearly hoping i can get married to the girl i truly love. 

'if you could, would you marry her?' 

'no' i quickly said and i just  realised what i said. but i said no because shes royal. if she never got adopted by the king and queen, i would because then i would never have met ultear, but i don't love juvia. 

'why?' 

'because we are two of different people. and i see you are here to meet with her, everyone in town knows she is destined to be married by a prince which i take is your son, if i married her, i would make the country unhappy because i am not royal blood, and i wouldnt know what to do, if she did marry me i would make her run away from her royal life to be honest because everyone in thi sroom knows that she is neither royal blood either , she just has experiance. but you dont need to worry about it because i have a woman who i love more in the world and hoping to get her fathers blessing today to marry her, which reminds me sir, i must be off to talk to my parents about it before the proper proposal, good day' i said and the three men were in silence. 

i walked over to my horse drinking the water and got him ready. 'gray, its you weakly pay' the guard said running towards me. the bag felt heavier than before but i never checked it. i jumped on spice and nodded at the guard to signal the thank you and then got spice to walk back home.