Best of Friends

Adira, also named Ade, and Jay were the best of friends. They were neighbours when they were younger and now roommates in their new flat.

"Hey Ade! You finished the AJ?" shouted, a frown assembling between his brow.

"No, why? You probably got drunk on it and forgot!" Adira shot back, proud of her not so funny joke.

They both had a lot in common. AJ also known as Apple juice, was coincidently their favourite juice and often got into cat fights over it.

"Right. That's awesome. I'm going to pop out and get some. You need anything?"

"No thanks!"

Jay's head was just about out the door, when Ade called. He chuckled to himself, nodding his head, like he knew what was coming.

"Biccies pwease! Oweos! Thaank youuww!" Typical Adira. Making her baby voice, which Jay (surprisingly) fell prey to.

"Ok, but this is the last time I'm bringing those! Whenever you have those WEAPONS (Ade proudly chuckled to herself) at your hands, all the response i get is crumbs in my face. You betta watch yourself, Ade." Jay joked and left.

"You betta watch your butt! I'm coming for you big boy!" She thought to herself, conjuring up ways of attacking him with her beloved Oreos. "You've been Oreod!" was her motto.

Every now and then, she would think about how they met. He has matured in ways beyond comprehension. The way his dark brown hair swiftly caresses his forehead, how his devastating hazel eyes sweeps her face, when he smiles his magnificent jaw shows off his manly stubble along with his lips that carry those perfect, straight, white teeth..

WHAT THE HELL? SINCE WHEN DID I BECOME A POET?

Ade shook her head, trying to rid her mind of the abnormal and frankly, scary thoughts occurring to her. These recurring thoughts happen to her every now and again and she doesn't know what to do.

"Hmph. I'm not letting that fool get to me."

Ade reassured herself and sat up, picking the remote up and turned on the tv. Soon, the flat is filled with the booming voice of the telly.

"Hehe. Oreos advert. "

Ade peered at the tv, fascinated by the awesomeness of her beloved.

"Twist, lick, dunk!" She chanted along with the tv, acting like a love struck eight year old. Indeed, she was in love with her little pieces of sunshine.

"Ade it's just me! I got the AJ and your beloved minions!" Jay called, but Ade was so encompassed in her Oreos world, she didn't hear him.

Jay walked up to her, his chest bubbling with laughter.

"You in there? I got your Oreos!" Jay shouted and much to Ade's chagrin, she had to turn away from the tv, and he eventually began to titter.

"Huh?" Ade looked utterly confused, which finally made Jay burst out into roaring laughter. He engulfed her in a hug that made Ade turn to jelly, the feel of his muscular chest against hers made little fireworks start on her skin.

"What's this for?"

"This is for being my abnormal, weird but awesome friend. I don't want you to ever change." Jay's words made Ade's heart practically soar.

"Trust me, I won't be changing anytime soon." And with that, she accepted his hug and her arms made way to his back. They sat there for ages in the same position; Jay thought she had gone to sleep but she stirred and backed off.

"I need to get some sleep. Work tommorow!" Ade chided herself for her actions but, if she were to stay there, she would've said something sooner or later.

Ade walked off to her bedroom, her long t-shirt just about covering her backside.

"Night!"

"Night Ade."

Jay watched her movements, studying her silky smooth skin which accompanied the legs of a goddess. Her long, brown, wavy hair never ceased to amaze him and the way she attacked him with her slender hands... Which man could not fall for her? Her beauty was beyond imagination. Her baby blue eyes bored holes into him and her beautiful, plump, red lips..

Jay blinked a few times, trying to comprehend what he was just thinking.

"Woah. That's some serious crap right there man! I REALLY need some sleep."

He gulped down some AJ and went to his bedroom, slipped off his shirt and laid on his bed. The last thing he remembered was her face and with that he fell into a deep sleep.