t h i r t y e i g h t

I remember how indecisive I was about Micah when we used to be together. Every time I was hurt, I told myself he'd be out of my life for good but then I always found myself at his side. No matter what he did. I'm not stupid anymore. Not with Zara. I won't risk it this time. I won't risk the hurting to her-to myself.

Pushing the door open I step into the bright coloured daycare. I wait in the line, ready to pick Zara up. When the people in front of me leave I lean against the counter.

"Rose?" Cara folds some people, putting a staple in the corner. "What are you doing here?"

"I wonder what a daycare is and why I could possibly be here," I reply sarcastically.

Cara swallows, "Rosalie, Zara's gone."

"What?" I look past her into the play room. "What do you mean?"

"That man- he said he was here to pick up Zara?"

"Explain this mans appearance, Linda."

"Tall, handsome, bulky- he had lots of tattoos and seem rich, I mean by what he was wearing and the gold watch on his wrist. Linda said a man picked up Zara the other day-"

"I text if someone else is picking up Zara. I let you know if I can't do it! Why would you let her go off?"

"Rosalie, I'm really sorry."

Storming out I grab my phone, calling Micah. He answers in two rings, "Rose-"

"I can't believe you did that, Micah. What the hell was going on in your brain to think it's okay to get my daughter from day care- without my permission."

"I don't need permission-"

"Don't talk! Where are you?"

"I'll text you the address."

♔♔♔

It took me over an hour to get to Micah's place. Anger still pumped through my veins. I knocked on his door, and it only takes him second for it to open. I stare at him in shock, I still don't believe he did it.

"Huh! Mummy!" Zara claps. Pushing past Micah I sigh dropping to her.

"Zara," I sigh, pulling her into my body. I don't let go. I can't let go. I'm scared she'll just slide between me and be gone. Kissing her forehead I make sure she's okay.

"Ah! Mummy! Stop!"

"Go watch tv, okay baby?"

She nods skipping away. Standing up I look at Micah. "Why, Micah, why?"

"Calm down, she's fine."

"Where in your right mind did you think it was okay to do that? You're not her hero, you can't just think because biologically she's your daughter you can pick her up and take her places without my permission. It's not okay," tears stream down my face. I had a moment where I thought I truly had lot Zara because of being around Micah.

"I want to be in her fucking life, Rose."

"Was holding her that day in the hospital not enough to make you realise that then? You don't decide when you get to be apart of her life- it's all of nothing. Elliot and Grace will be more to her than you will ever be."

"I promised you-"

"You don't keep promises," I shout.