Chapter 13 - Jolted Awake

Emily's POV:

"Huh." I gasped as I the bus jolted to a stop, waking me from a deep sleep.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked Demi.

"I don't know. Wreck, maybe? I'll go check it out. Wait here." She told me.

Demi's POV:

"Huh." I heard Emily gasp.

"What the fuck was that?" She asked me.

"I don't know. Wreck, maybe? I'll go check it out. Wait here." I told her as I walked out of the room.

"Tim!" I hollered as I walked to the front of the bus.

"Oh my gosh!" I screamed, noticing Tim lying face down on the steering wheel, face covered in blood.

"What happened?!?!?" I heard Emily yell.

"Nothing! Just stay in our... room" I said as Emily came and stood right beside me.

"Oh my gosh. What the fuck happened?"

"Wreck."

"Well, why are we okay?" She asked me.

"We were in the back of the bus." I told her as I got my phone out, dialing 911."

"911. What is your emergency."

"Hi, we've been in a wreck. My daughter and I are okay, but our bus driver is not. Please send an ambulance." I told them, as calmly as I could.

"Certainly. What is your address?"

"113 N. Kellog Nashville, Tennessee."

"Alright, help is on the way."

Five Minutes Later

Paramedics rushed in and loaded Tim up on a gurney.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked them.

"We don't know. He has a pulse as of right now, but we're not sure if that will continue. He is in pretty bad shape. We're taking him down to Westlake if you two want to come see him."

"Alright, we will most certainly be there."

The Paramedics left and I got into the drivers seat.

"Do you know how to drive a tour bus?" Emily asked me.

"No, but I'm going to wing it. Sit down please. I don't know how this is going to go."

"O...kay." She told me as she sat down on the passenger seat.

"Demi! Slow down!" She told me as I zoomed past fellow car drivers.

"Sorry, just want to see if Tim's okay."

"Well, that's not going to happen if we get in a wreck." She told me.

I chuckled.

"You're right Emily." I said while slowing down.

Minutes later we arrived outside of Westlake.

We speed walked all the way up to the front desk.

"Hi, we're here to see Tim." I told the lady.

"Right. The paramedics told me you were coming." She paused, while looking around the room. "Ashley!' She hollered.

"Yes!" The woman, I think it's Ashley came over.

"These two are here to see Tim. Would you mind showing them to his room?"

"Of course. Right this way."

She led us down the hallway to the ER.

"Is he doing okay?" I asked.

"He's in critical condition. We're not sure right now as he is in a coma, but we will find out more after he wakes up... or doesn't wake up." She mumbled the last part.

"Alright, well thank you."

"Mhm... it will help if you talk to him. Often times, when people are in comas, while they cannot see and comprehend what is going on around them, they can hear what people say. Talking to him could wake him up faster." Ashley told me.

"Alright, I'll give it a try." I said to Ashley.

She smiled at me and walked out of the room.

"Crazy day, or morning." Emily told me.

"I know."

I sat beside Tim on the hospital bed.

"Hi, Tim. I hope you're doing okay. Just hang in there. Emily and I are looking forward to you waking up. Maybe after you wake up, we can walk around Nashville and just hang out. There are a lot of fun stuff to do here. I've been wanting to try Bluebird's café. Maybe go and sing there, that would be fun. What would be really fun is if Emily, you and I all sang a song together. I haven't heard you sing yet, but I'm sure you are pretty good. Maybe someday I'll hear you. Just try to wake up for me, alright?" I told him as I put my hand on his chest.

"Emily, do you have anything you want to say?"

"I don't know what to say." She told me.

"Anything. The world is your oyster. Just talk." I told her.

"Umm... alright." She told me.

I got up off the bed and allowed Emily to sit down.

Emily's POV:

"Hi, Tim. I haven't really know you for that long, but you seem really nice. I'm sure you are really nice. I'm looking forward to you waking up. As Demi said, we could hang out in Nashville. Going to Bluebird's café would be really fun. I didn't really get to get out that much or leave my house that much when I lived with my biological parents, so I'm really looking forward to hanging out with you. You seem a lot nicer than my dad. Of course you are. Demi wouldn't allow someone who was as much of a crap dude as my dad to work for her. So, just try to wake up please. For me. For Demi. For your family. We all care about you." I said as I hugged him. I don't know, it just felt right in that moment.

Demi smiled at me and said "good job, I know that meant a lot to him.

I sat down on a chair on the opposite side as Demi.

"So, what now?"

"Now, we just wait. See if he wakes up before the concert."

"What if he doesn't?" I asked her.

"Then we'll have to cancel at least part of the tour. We can do tonight, but even if we could find another bus driver, I don't want to do much without Tim. Tim is a part of this tour. He's been a part of my tours for a long time and I can't imagine doing them without him."

"Good idea. He seems really nice." I told her.

"He is. He's a good guy." She smiled at me.

I slouched down on the chair and allowed myself to drift back to sleep.

Thanks for reading!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Let me know what you think!

Please vote and comment.

Are any of you guys going to one of Demi's concerts on this tour or have you been to one of her concerts before?

I hope you all have a great day/night!

Love y'all!