Chapter 27 - A.K.A. Alex

I got the number from the cute guy, also known as Alex, as Demi came to our table and told me it was time to go.

"Bye", I waved at him as we walked out of the coffee shop.

"He seems really sweet." Demi said as we got into her car.

"He is." I smiled, then proceeded with, "so, I'm not grounded, right?"

"Oh no, you are grounded for at least two weeks. You could've gotten stolen or worse."

"Demi, you always jump to the worst possible conclusions. I'm fine."

"I know you're fine, but you could've... not been fine. Just be more careful, please. I care about you."

"I know." I replied.

I got my earbuds out of the glove box and turned on some killer music (A.K.A. Demi Lovato, don't tell her) to listen to on the way home.

Demi lightly tapped on my left knee and I looked over at her, taking one earbud out.

"What are you listening to?" She asked.

"Nothing."

She nodded her head.

As we arrived at the hotel, I put my earbuds back in the glovebox.

"Why don't you go on inside. I'm going to park the car." Demi said as she dropped me off at the front.

Some guy opened the door for me. "Thank you", I said as I looked over at him. "Alex. What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I'm staying here. What are you doing here?"

"I'm staying here too." I replied.

"Great minds think alike." He responded.

"Yeah, we got to hang out again sometime soon. I mean, after I'm no longer grounded."

"Definitely. Wait, you're grounded. What did you do?"

"I thought you found out earlier."

He just stared at me and I continued with, "I wasn't supposed to be at Starbucks today. I was supposed to be waiting on Demi, I mean my mom, to get back from wherever she said she was at. She was real pissed. Something about my safety."

"Oh, I can see that. Good thing you had me to keep you safe." He said as we finally stepped inside the hotel and he put his arm around me.

"Yeah." I took a notepad out of my purse, wrote my phone number down and handed it to him. "Call me. If I don't answer, it's because my mom took my phone away. I better head back to my room before I get in even more trouble. My mom will be there soon."

"Alright." He looked at the piece of paper and said, "I will most definitely call you."

I smiled at him and walked away.

I put my keycard in and walked into the hotel room.

"You're back?" I said to my mom as I noticed her sitting on the couch.

"I am."

"Are you mad?"

"No. I saw you talking to that guy you met earlier."

"Alex." I interrupted her.

"Alex. Cool that he's staying here."

"Yeah, except I'm grounded. How am I supposed to hang out with him?"

"Maybe we can work something out." She smiled at me.

I returned the smile.

"Love you Dems." I said as I went into my room.

"Love you too!" She hollered out.

Thanks for reading!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Don't for get to VOTE and COMMENT.

Have a great day!

Love y'all! :)