Chapter 46 - New Life

Demi's POV:

I heard a loud knocking at the door and answered it.

"Hey." I said to Taylor while engulfing her in a hug.

"Hey. Is Emily ready?" She asked.

"There's a good chance that she's not." I replied.

I pushed on the intercom.

"Emily. Honey. Taylor's here. Come downstairs with your bags."

"Ugh. Be right down." She replied.

Moments later she came downstairs and threw her bags on the floor.

"Thank you." I picked them up and took them in to the dining room.

"I'll be right back." I told Taylor.

"What are you doing?" Emily says while running to catch up with me.

"Checking to make sure you didn't hide something in there."

I put them down and started searching through them, finding a bag of white powder, I assume is cocaine; too many blades to count; and a bottle of laxatives.

"Emily."

"What?" She said folding her arms.

I put my hands on my face.

"I wish we could talk about this, but I have a plane to catch in an hour. We'll talk about it when I get back."

"Great." She said, following me out of the room.

I handed her her bags.

"Keep a close eye on her." I told Taylor as they went out the front door.

I really hope she's going to be okay. My biggest fear is that someday she won't be here.

Emily's POV:

"Taylor looked over at me and smiled as she started the car.

"What? If you're expecting me to look forward to staying with you, don't." I put in my earbuds, cranked up the "Happiness Begins" album and went to sleep. I'm a total Jonas Brothers fan in case you haven't noticed.

Taylor's POV:

Keep a close eye on her. What does that mean? I mean I know some of her struggles, the self-harm, the eating disorder, but is there something I have yet to know?

I smiled at Emily as I started up the car.

"What? If you're expecting me to look forward to staying with you, don't." She snapped while putting in her earbuds.

Geez, this is going to be interesting.

I tapped on her shoulder, waking her up as we pulled up to the house.

"Welcome to your new home for the next couple months." I said as I opened the front door for her.

"Yeah yeah. Where do I sleep?" I sighed and showed her upstairs.

"Where's my bathroom?" She said as I showed her the room.

"For the time being. I think it's best that you don't have your own bathroom. You can use the bathroom in the hallway."

She rolled her eyes at me.

"Bitch."

I sighed.

Emily's POV:

No bathroom? Who does she think she is? Someone who wants to control my life? I control my own life. I do what I want. I DON'T need help from her.

I shoved past her in to the bathroom.

"What? Do you not keep tampons down here I said", slamming open her cabinet.

"Alright, Emily. I know you are unhappy about staying here, but this attitude is not going to cut it. I didn't know that you were on your period, otherwise I would have already had them down there. There are some in my bathroom that you can use, but the attitude stops now."

She left the room and quickly came back, putting the box on the counter.

"Help yourself. I'll be downstairs if you want to talk.

Talk? Yeah right. I'm not even on my period. I just wanted to give her crap.

Staying here is not, I repeat not, going to be fun.

Wish me luck.

Thanks for reading.

Sorry it's taken me so long to update.

I had been busy finishing up college and moving in to an apartment and hadn't had much motivation to continue with this story, but I'm back.

Let me know if you have and ideas for this story.