Chapter 19 - No Response

"What's going on?" Demi asked.

"Nothing. Just leave me alone. I don't need you there, by me, every single step."

"Emily. I care about you. I know that is hard for you to realize. It was hard for me to realize when my parents cared about me and only wanted to help me too, at your age."

"But, you're not my age and F.Y.I., that was a long time ago. I don't need yours or anybody else's help and you're not my parent." I retorted.

"Emily." She sighed.

Demi's POV:

"What's going on?" i asked.

"Nothing. Just leave me alone. I don't need you there, by me, every single step."

"Emily. I care about you. I know that is hard for you to realize. It was hard for me to realize when my parents cared about me and only wanted to help me too, at your age."

"But, you're not my age and F.Y.I., that was a long time ago. I don't need yours or anybody else's help and you're not my parent." She retorted.

"Emily." I sighed and continued with "honey", while brushing the hair out of her face.

"Talk to me, please." I said.

"I am talking." She shoved past me and headed out the door.

"Quit following me!" She yelled as I followed her all the way down the stairs.

"What part of quit following me did you not understand." She said as she quickly turned around at the bottom of the stairs.

"Emily, I love you, but cool it with the attitude."

"I love you too bitch."

"You guys have a weird relationship." My mom said as she came into the room.

"Tell me about it." I put my hands over my face.

"Umm... we're leaving tomorrow morning." I told my mom.

"Oh... back to tour?" She asked.

"Yup."

"Well, if it would make it easier on you, I can watch Emily while you're gone."

"I don't need a babysitter." Emily yelled out.

"That will be alright. Thanks though. I'll just take her with me." I told her.

"Alright, if you're sure."

"I'm not that much trouble." Emily came up to us and said.

I put my hand on the small of her back.

"Right?" She asked.

I smiled at her.

"Right?" She asked again.

"You're fine, Emily."

"Thank you." She threw her hands up in the air.

"Alright. We better get heading to bed soon. We're going to have to get up early in the morning." I told Emily.

'I'm not going to  bed."

"Emily, seriously, enough with the attitude."

"I don't have an attitude. I'm not going to bed."

I gently grabbed her wrist as she flinched and led her back up to our room.

"Would you quit?"

"I had to get you up here. Emily, this attitude is either going too hurt someone, get you in trouble, or both. You need to quit, alright?"

"Damn, you're a bitch." She grabbed her clothes and headed to the bathroom.

"Leave the door open a crack." I reminded her.

She looked me in the eyes, the closed the bathroom door until the door completely latched.

I ran to the door and attempted to open it. Unfortunately, it was too late, as she had already locked the door.

"Emily."

I knocked on the door. No response.

"Emily. Honey."

I sat down, my back against the door.

She opened it and I fell back a little.

"I was just changing. Geez." She walked past me, stepping on my hand, and crawled into bed.

I quickly changed into my black fleece pajamas and got into the bed, laying beside her.

"Night honey."

No response.

Thanks for reading!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

What's been your favorite part about this story?

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter.

Have a great day!

Love y'all!