Truth; Drunk

11 o'clock in the morning.

Naira pushed the curtains aside and let the sun rays come in. The sun rays fell on Kartik's face , due to which his sleep was disturbed. He opened his eyes and blinked three times only to find the most beautiful sight. His Naira. Looking charming in that sleeveless red crop top with white shorts.

Kartik smiled and naira smiled back .
"Good morning, Mendak," she called him with the most sweetest voice ."Good morning to you too,Sherni." " Jaldi se uth jao, mein nashta bana deti Hoon." She was about to go when kartik pulled her and she resulted to fall over kartik.

Their heads so close that they could feel their breaths. Eyes locked. Bodies and Souls attached like for years. His eyes fell on her lips and brought her face more closer to his. There was no one to disturb them, but shit that phone! Do it have to ring right now?

Both were startled and came back to position. There was an awkward silence, but was broken by another ring of her phone. She saw the Caller ID and went out of the room answering the phone.

"Miss Naira, today you have to come for checkup. We have to confirm ur report," the doctor reminded her. Naira got serious. Kartik walked out of the room, whereas naira declined the call. Kartik," So..... breakfast." "Tum khud kuch banalo mujhe kaam see bahir jaana hai." " Par Kahan?" "Mein tumhe Bata nahi sakti." And she moved out , before kartik could say/ask anything.

Naira's P.O.V
I know tumhe sab pata hai, lekin itne hafte guzr chuke Hain...in saari misunderstandings ki wajah se ya toh usse yaad nahi hoga ya use laga hoga ke mein nee illaj karwaliya.

I am sorry kartik, but I have to this. I can't interfere u in this situation. It's not your punishment. I am the one who disrespected my father's upbringing, and I deserve this. I don't know whether we'll be together before I die, but all I want is your happiness. And that's my last wish.

Ended

Naira went to hospital and met the doctor. Doctor advised her that her chances of more life expectancy is less. It's not even 10%.

Her face got dull. And she moved back to her house. She walked in. Kartik hi-ed but she was least interested to talk to someone or she was tired of her cancer.

She walked into her room and laid down on the bed. Kartik came in and saw naira sitting on the bed crying silently, without expressions.

He moved towards her and worriedly asked," What happened naira?" But naira didn't respond. She just wiped off her tears, but her eyes were more stubborn than her. Fresh tears made their way out. All the time she was looking down. When again she heard kartik asking her what happened, she saw and hugged him like he's gonna go away or maybe destiny would again apart them. She finally got her voice back and cried with most yelling voice. It hurt kartik's heart.

The way she cried, he was getting too worried. His heart was so hurt that tears made from his eyes even. If anything hurts her, he would feel it. But what's hurting her or made her cried?, he couldn't understand.

He pulled her out of the hug and wiped off her tears. "Kya hua hai batao na mujhe?" She just cried. " Kya hua? Naira, Sherni, batao na. Mujhe dar lag raha hai. Kisi ne kuch kaha Kya? Batao na!" But she replied the opposite of it," I think I should make coffee for us, then we'll get back to our assignment." She moved to kitchen while kartik got confused because of her behavior. In the morning she was ok, but now what happened to her?

"Kartik!" He was out of her thoughts and followed the voice.

"Kartik, tum laptop kholo mein kamra samet ke ati Hoon. " And kartik just nodded.

Naira cleaned the room and came out, holding the cups and sat on the sofa. " So where we ended?,"she said while handling him his cup. Kartik thought to ask her later about the whole thing. "Well, hamne music or background se related kaam toh karliya , abhi hum characters ka karte Hain. Mein ne John ko bola Tha sketch banane keliye...lekin sirf ek male ka or ek female ka." " Hmm...well when we'll have to see it?" " Right now." Kartik pulled out a folder from his bag and handled it to Naira.

She opened it and saw the sketches."Yeh ache hain lekin hame iski zaroorat nahi. Hame sirf characters ki tadad unlimited rakhni hai...and point to be noted, we have unlimited characters...how can we dress them all? Huh?" " Intelligent. But that's not for the game. It's ...umm...for the demo of our game. U know?" "Nope." "Oh, so u don't know. Well, boss told everyone to be as a group and create a video for our company's games. The new games plus old plus going-on ones, too." "Great, but I'm gonna do that in the office. We'll just do our personal assignment. And there should be no news of our work in office. If u have told Tris about it, make sure that she don't open her mouth,"naira spoke while having anger develop inside because of whole-Tris-things. Kartik noticed it and smiled,"I'll make sure, Ma'am."

By the time, kaira got involved in the assignment and did their work. But of course, there were some cute nokjhoks, cute fights and arguments, and cute eye locks.

"I'm so tired," naira spoke while stretching her hands in air."Can I ask u something?" "Sure." "What happened to you when u came in from outside? And where did u go?" Naira got serious and looked down. Kartik came forward and held her shoulders. "Kya hua tumhe? Batao mujhe. Mujhe dar lag raha hai." Naira didn't spoke, just looked down. Kartik lifted her chin up and saw her watery eyes. Eyes full of tears.

He took her in his arms and took her to the gallery. Made her sit on the sofa and kissed her forehead. She didn't respond. While responding nothing, kartik got an idea and brought stuff . He decorated the room and settled up a table, two chairs and glasses of wine with a wine bottle.

He held her hands and made her sit , while he sat on his seat. "Naira." She looked up. "Naira, let's just forget what happened. We'll just enjoy this moment," he tried to comfort her. She nodded. Kartik gave her the drink and himself got a glass.

"Woh...na...mein...kehrahi...thi..ke...mein jab ch..choti thi na...toh...mein sochti thi ke...Mera Jo...Prince charming hoga na...woh mere liye Chand tare todh Kar laye ga..or mein un mein hamari yaadein bhar loongi...lekin...,"naira spoke in a fully drunk attitude. Both got drunk, but kartik controlled because he had to know the truth. And a person speaks only truth when drunk. "Phir?" "Lekin Mera Prince charming...woh toh mujhse pyaar hi nahi karta. Pehle karta tha.. jab mein nahi karti thi...lekin mein jab karti Hoon...toh woh kisi aur see pyaar karta hai," Naira's face got dimmed. " Naira, tum , tum mujhe iske illawa Bata rahi thi na. Matlab tum subha ki baath ka Bata rahi thi na." " Konsi subha. Subha toh Roz hoti hai." "Nahi, ajj subha tum kahan gayu thi? Or ro kyun rahi thi?" Kartik tried to investigate her.

"Mein na...mein na... hospital gayi thi....doctor se Milne." "Par kyun?" "Mujhe blood cancer hai na budhu isileyi." Kartik was shocked. He completed forgot it. About her blood cancer. "Tum...apne...illaj...karwane...gayi thi...Kya?" Words couldn't form in his mouth. "Nahi budhu. Bas checkup karwane gayi thi...report ke liye. Pata hai mujhe kitna dukh hua. Mujhe abhi bhi dukh ho rha hai. Hum abhi abhi mile aur Dekho....doctor ne kaha mere pass to long life expectancy ke chances bhi Kam hai...." Tears started falling from her eyes, but kartik wiped them off. "Sh...sh... Wasey tum apne Prince charming ke baare mein Bata rahi thi na?" He said while changing the topic. "Han...han...Mera Prince charming....bilkul tumhari tarah. Cute sa, ek Dum mendak jesa."

Till time , they talked and kartik brought Naira to her room, on her bed. He was about to go, when naira held his hand and asked him to sleep with her. He denied because she was in a state of drunk and they cannot do anything like this. But naira pulled him over and he landed beside naira. Naira hugged him and slept.

Kartik was in deep thoughts. About her cancer and she being drunk. He shouldn't have done this. Wine is not good for health and that she has less chance of having a long expectancy.

Kartik just cuddled more into her . Afraid of the fact, as he might lose her..again. And both were off to sleep.