Chapter 5

Carla P.O.V

I walked myself down the hall from my last class. I went to fix the hair that fell in my face when I felt myself run into a wall. I looked up. It was the guy from earlier. The hot one.
     I stepped back some in suprise. "Im so sorry I wasnt paying attention"

"Yea obviously. Watch it next time." He pushed past me angrily. Wow,someone was having a bad day. I waited for Nancy. She was late, not suprised. I sat on the curb.

"Hey!" A car pulled up with the window rolled down. " you need a ride?" It was Liz. I shook my head.

"No Im okay. See you tomorrow" I smiled. She nodded and drove off. Do I really fit in with them. Would I better with the wolves? I started to go into my own thoughts. What happens if both sides found out. About my secret.

"Hey" I looked up. It was that guy again.

"Uh...hi?" I said awkwardly. He sat next to me.

"Sorry about earlier." He said. I nodded.

"Its okay. Everyone has their bad days." I shrugged. He chuckled lightly.

"The names Cade. Cade Preston" He said. He didnt seem very happy to be next to me. That when I looked over to his group of friends. They all stared at us. He was being forced to talk to me.

"You dont need to talk to me. The less people I know the better" I said and stood up as I saw Nancy pull up.

"I wasnt-" He stopped as I got in the car. I rolled my eyes and went home.

" So..Any at the school?" She asked. I knew what sheeant by that.

One of my many abilities was telling who was vampire and who was a werewolf.

"Both. A pack for each. They hate eachother. Alot" I said.

"Let me guess. You're the shiny new toy. They all wanna know about" She teased. I sighed.

"I love school. Hate the drama. All they do is fight. One guy already doesnt like me." She said.

"Werewolf or Vampire?" She asked.

"Werewolf." I replied. Sighing I rested my head on the window.

"Do they know. About you know what?" She asked. Her voice a little shakey.

"Id never. That would put them in danger. They dont deserve that." I shook my head.

"Good. Try to distance. Let them lose intrest. That would be best" she smiled. I nodded.

We lived in the middle of no where. Woods surrounded the place. I had eaten dinner and went up to my room. I opened up my window and sat on the couch. I stared up at the moon. It was time.

"You ready. Remember what to do?" She asked. We've been through this to much. She squeezed my shoulder in comfort and walked out. I heard the five locks through the silence. I walked over and slowly closed my window.

I laid on my floor. Staring at the moonlight. My body started to burn. My bones started to break. I screamed in pain. I looked at my hands. My nails grew longer. Rich brown hair started to form. I tried to bare away the pain. The full moon just made it worse. The pain got too much and I blacked out.
   When a regular werewolf goes through a full moon its painless unless its their first time changing. For me it was everytime. It was because the vampire blood in me fought against the wolf part as I changed. I was weak. I refused to drink blood. Nancy only fed it to me once but I was dying.
    When I was born I was sent to an orphanage. Nancy was a nurse there. My favorites nurse to be exact. When I turned three I got leukemia, I was dying so Nancy broke a big rule in the vampire community, never bite a werewolf.