Chapter 6

I woke up, beads of sweat rolling down my face. I heard the unlocking of the doors.

"I let you sleep in. Hurry up and get ready your gonna be late." She helped me up. I cracked my bones. Groaning as I walked. I took a shower. Throwing on sweatpants and a hoodie. Tying my hair in a bun.

I got in the car and we drove down the long driveway. At the end I got out and grabbed the mail. Across the street was a black car. A nice one. I stared at it before it sped off down the road. I shrugged it off and headed towards school. I got out of the car. Ignoring the vampires that called after me. I was clearly not in the mood. I went to my locker. Stuffing in books. My locker slammed closed and there stood Cade. Leaning against the lockers he studied my face. He glared.

"I heard you." He said. " last night"

I gulped and stiffened. " what?" I asked.

"Where is your pack?" He asked, he stuffed his hands in his pockets. I took a step back.

"What?" I asked. He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"You were very loud during the moon. I felt your pain" he said. " made me almost lose focus."

"Seriously. Stop. I dont know what you mean" I said sternly.

"Why were you alone? Who is that woman? What are you?" With every question he stepped closer. I stepped back.

"I dont know what your talking about. Get away from me" My voice is shakey.

"Hey!" I turned my head to see ren. He jogged up to me. Grabbing my arm and pulling me to his side.

"Whats the problem?" He asked Cade. Cade shrugged.

"No problem. Just trying to get to know the new girl. Is that a problem?" He said. I glared at him. He looked down at me. A smirk slowly appeared on his face. He was amused.

"Lets go." Ren pulled me away. That was to close. Way to close. In class I sat in the middle of the vampires. They talked amongst themselves.

"What was Cade talking about?" Ren whispered to me.

"I dont know. I think hes crazy" I shifted in my seat.  I think he got the hint.

"Wanna go to a party with me?" He asked.

" I cant." I wasnt allowed out. School was to much exposure. I couldnt and I wouldnt risk myself like that. Never again.

I got a cold chill through my body. I turned to see the whole wolf pack looking at me, whispering. I moved my hair from my ear. Listening to their whispers.

"Why are they so overprotective?" Bree whispered.

"Shes something. I heard her. Smelled her" Cade whispered back. "She could be listening to us right now" I stiffened and shuddered. How did he know?
  The rest of the day. I avoided any wolf as much as I could. If they caught on. They could be killed. I couldnt let anyone else be killed. I ran outside once the last bell rang. Looking for Nancy. I saw her car. My heart was beating so fast I thought it would rip itself outside my body.
  It was like the car and Cade moved at the same place. Going to the same destination. Me.