Chapter 10

"I didnt read much on anything about connections between Hybrids, it's rare to have a true connection with a soul or a heart." Nancy went over to the shelves of books. Pulling out one that said 'exotic creatures of the realm'

"All I could think is...no" she looked between me and him.

"You can smell her? Know her location? Feel her emotions?" She asked.

"Basically yea. It gets annoying I really want it to go away. Watching her is good enough. All this extra stuff is just stupid. Is it some Hybrid thing?" Cade asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Shes your mate." Nancy said. I literally choked on my water when she said that.

"Thats impossible." Cade said. "That wouldnt even work out. Half of the time I want to kill her of how stubborn she is"

"But you would kill for her." Nancy added. He was quiet.

"It will be harder for Carla to have these experiences. You would have to bite her to make your connection grow closer. But her blood could kill you" nancy said.

"I dont want any of this. Much less her."Cade said.

Okay that hurt. I sighed. "Can we fix this?" I asked.

"No can do. I guess you guys will just have to get use to it." Nancy shrugged putting the book away.

This couldnt get any worse. Me? Why me?

"You make it sound like a bad thing" Cade said. I looked over to him. Did he just read my mind.

"I did?" He asked. "I just read your mind?"

"Okay stop. Thats just creepy" I said.

"I would stop it if I could. But guess what babe. I cant." Cade said. "Ill see you monday." He quickly grabbed his leather jacket and rushed out of the door.

"Atleast hes cute" Nancy said. " kinda saw this coming."

"Id rather have a rock as my mate. "I huffed.

"You will realize you like him just as much as he likes you. Even if you are both denying it as much as you can" Nancy laughed a bit.

"What about you? Wheres your heart?" I asked.

"Destroyed. Lost" She sat. " I dont like talking about it. Go get some rest" I sighed and walked up to my room. Even how long Ive known nancy she never opens up about anything. Shes so mysterious.