chapter Six

Rena didnt know where the time went.She hardly did anything and it was already time for her date with  Richard.She was dressed into a light blue dressed that reached just above her ankles with tiny sleeves and sweetheart neckline.She accerosized it with pearl necklace and earings and caught her hair at the back with a brouch and did minimal makeup."I hope its worth the effort" She thought to her self. Soon Richard was at the front door and as she went to open, Rena was praying everything will go fine.

What greeted Richard was something not easily described.The closest word that came to his mind is a beautiful vision in blue. He was dressed in a dark blue shirt and black pants.

"You look...so beautiful.I can hardly take my eyes off you."

Rena just blushed and thanked him. They went to this really fancy hotel and talked about everything from tiny unimportant to big important things. Serena was really happy to find Richard a true gentleman.He always opened the doors for her first and let her do everything first.By the end of the date she started to think she must have dreamt up the perfect date.

"By the way Serena,your house seems familiar to me. How did you get it?"

"I inherited it from my great uncle recently. According to him it has been in our family for ages."

"Hmm.. i wonder why.It is as if i know it by heart though its the first time for me here."

Too soon it was already the end of the evening and as he dropped her off.He politely thanked her for the enjoyable evening as he walkes her to the door and left.

As soon as she entered and kicked off her shoes,Rena went and dialled Lindey's number.As soon as she picked up,Rena asked her without greetings or any thing" Why did you not blind date me with that friend of yours???you certainly did enough of blind dates on me..none of which  were successful!!"

"Rena what are you talking about?whom are you talking about?"her friend asked.

"Am talking about Richard the pediatric..whom i had a date with this evening.It was the perfect date." The girls talked for forty five minutes about the date and everything in between.

For the next three weeks, Rena went out with Richard to a different place but all were equally enjoyable. According to Lindey they were lookin good together and Richard is really smitten with her.

"I really hope it works out this time." Rena thought to her self as she was putting the finishing touches to a romantic book cover she was working on. As a present the author gave her a copy of the book which turned out to be a regency era novels.

"I really wish i lived in that time.Life at that time was simple but boring for the girls.At least the wore some beautiful dresses and danced all night."

At that moment she gazed up to through the window to find a shooting star."Wonder if my wish will come true."

Too soon she got her answer when she felt the ground shake underneath her.She lost her blanace,fell and hit her head against her easel.Everything went black.