chapter three

Later in the evening Serena went to visit her land lady to pay the rent for the apartment. She took with her a box of chocolate chip cooks knowing that it is a favourite of Mrs Timms, the land lady. Once inside the cozy apartment the two women sat and chatted about everythings. Mrs timms considered Serena the daugher she never had nicknamed her Rena while Rena considered Mrs Timms the mother she lost in her childhood.They had a loving relationship,not a business one.

"Rena your contract on the apartment is over.And am thinking of renovating the apartment into a tailoring place since i have officially retired last week and this apartment is too small for me.Why dont you live in with me and let that apartment as some kind of income with my own hands since i can't sit idle doing nothing?" asked Mrs Timms.

"Its okay Mrs Timms. I dont want to burden you and besides i know how you love to be pristine clean and i will just mess up the place with my work."

" So what do you intent to do?"

" I just inherted a Mansion from a great uncle whom i didnt know about.At first i thought of renting it.But now i will move in. It has so much space that i can do anything i want.And its already clean and doesnt need anything other than a few furniture to add my personal touch to it."

"Are you sure about that? You will be living totally alone."

"At the moment yes. And i will always come visit you. After all am my own mistress, i can do pretty much anything i wish."

"Okay then i will give you  a months time to get your things in order and pack.If you need anything please dont hesitate to ask, after all you are my daughter."

"i will. And thank you for today. I really enjoyed my time."

"Its my pleasure dear."

leaving it at that, the two separted each making her own plans for the future.But fate has other ideas for one of them.