Chapter nine

Serena's face flushed with color at having an audience watching in on her as she emptied the contents of her stomach and even more so at Sebstian's comment. Without even hesitating she left the room with her head held high to salvage what was left of her dignity and went to clean up.Before she reached the door which suddenly appeared to seem to far to reach, Sebstian's voice rang out" Thank you for the private concert.I really enjoyed it and So did Hawk.But i expect you back with in ten minutes to continue or discussion"

Without even thinking,She found her self reaching for her left slipper and throwing it at Sebstian making Hawk laugh at her action and the resulting shock in the duke's face. Then she dramatically slammed the door in their faces.

"Is that the female and silent version of be damned?" Hawk in put between laughs.

"I don't see what's making you laugh that much.Believe me if you hear her speak you will wash out her mouth with soap!" replied Sebstian dryly

"If her mouth needs washing,what about yours?You just couldnt lay it low at what just happened,could you?"

"Why should I?She annoys me to no end so iam grabbing every chance i will be getting to get back at her..female or not."

"Just say she intrigues you because she doesnt allow you to dance all over her like the polite society does.In fact it seems you are the one who is doing the dancing.Any way tell me her story."

"Oh shut up Hawk.As for whom is she, I have no idea.I found her in my room unconcious yesterday night when i went to bed.I was just trying to pry the information out of hee when you so kindly joined us.Any way we are sticking to the story of her running away for an arranged marriage until we know her agenda.But she cant stay here.Her reputation is at stake and i wouldnt be able to do my work here too." ranted Seb.Suddenly an idea hit him and he looked at his friend slyly.

"Hawk,you are my best friend since childhood.We stuck through everything,even through enemies of the state and entered the war office together."

"Look Seb just spit it out,will you?you want me to take the chit to my sister to stay with her dont you?"

"Yes i do.Can you check with her when can deposit Miss Edwards to her?"

A familiar voice rang out"Deposit?Iam not a commodity to move around at your whim you too!Iam a human you know.I thought to see how long you too will keep talking about me as if iam a doll without any thoughts or actions.Iam not staying with any person whom i dont know.Even if she is your Sister,Hawk" Snapped Serena

"God!Will you stop been a shrill harpy?Staying here will damage your reputation.This is bachelor's lodgings.If any one other than Hawk saw you,you will be rejected every where you go."Snapped Seb.

"Miss Edwards,look,give my sister a chance if you dont like her we can see other options but you cant stay here.This is a man's home.It has no place for an unmarried woman..and not even that.The only woman who is to be here is the lady of the house." Hawk said in a calm voice.

"Well the lady of the house is here and she is standing right infront of you!So i dont have to leave."

Hawk and Sebstian gaped at her shell shocked."Seb..did you..did you..did you marry without me knowing?And to that chatterbox?" Hawk stammered.

"God forbid i marry at all in general and particular to that chatterbox as you so politely put it."

At this Serena screamed with so much anger."I hate you too so much i wish i could kill you but you are not even worth it."She said with so much venom and hatred that could kill the men of glares could kill. For the second time the door slammed,this time shaking the whole room.

"Nice tactic,Seb.And we still didnt get a clue of her identity.I would watch out for her if i were you.She is a hellcat,that one,but an intruiging one if i say so myself."Hawk commented.

Sebstian just sighed heavily ruffling his hair,thinking of what is to be done with their Miss Edwards.