chapter four

Nothing much happened during the next few days...that is until Rena's best friend came back from her honeymoon. It was then that Serena went out everyday.

One evening they went to Lindy's congratulory dinner. Serena went out dressed in a violet mid thight dress that brought out her eyes, no make up but mascara and lipstick.

once she reached lindy's place, she was greeted warmly and openly by the family. without realising it, Lindy's family reminded her of what she had and lost and made her envious of the easy banter that existed within  the family but Rena didnt dwell on it to avoid heartache.

After dinner, while helping with the clean up, Rena slipped on some spilled wine and fell on her butt.At once she expected the people to laugh or at the very least ignore her.Instead, a man helped her up and made sure she was not hurt. He lead her to the bathroom to wash up.

"Thank you..." Rena started

"Richard" the man said.

"Am serena Edwards.Thank you for helping me back there."

"Dont mention it.That what any man will do."

Rena looked at him from under her lashes to observe his contours.She found herself looking at a hazenut haired guy with brown eyes tanned skin and tall.

"Like what you see Serena?"

She blushed and replied "Sorry,Am an artist so its a habit for me to be observant.Sorry if i offended you."

"Wow..its the first time for me to be acquinted with an artist.Am a pediatric doctor."

"So you deal with children.Never would have guessed it."

Richard laughed " I get that alot.But i really love it.Children are so innocent and easy to deal with.What are the perks of been an artist?"

" Working at your own pace and time.Since am not a morning person i work at night.I never wake up before 10 but i can be up all night."

"you could have fooled me.I thought you were a human.Turns out am talking to a talking bat."

" Haha very funny." Rena snickered

"Unlike you am a morning person.Wake up at seven and go to bed at eleven."

Rena crunched up her nose at his comment and replied "we would never workout together."

To this Richard clutched his heart and moaned "uugghhh...right to my heart. Wat aim this woman has" And he danced around drunkly feigning the last moments of death.

"Drama King. What did i do for this show?"

"And she asks what she did.I wanted to ask you out on a date and see where that will lead us.But no, you just had to crush me under your pretty feet."

"I think i would love to go out with you.But please give me some time.At the moment am in the process of moving out from my apartment. With in a week i'll be done."

"Sure i will..am holding you to that.May i have your cell number to be able to contact you?"

" Sure."

After giving Richard her number she mingled with some other  guests checked on her friend and went home. She dozzed off as soon as she hit the bed in her pjs.
A/N:Update will be decided by you.If you like the story i will update it.However if you are not satsified i will remove the story and retry.