Quarrels (vampires part 2)

Alex's POV

I stare at my husband of four years with tears streaming down my face. I was hurt, he'd cheated on me with some bitch named Jacob Clingman.

He tries to walk towards me but I back away, my eyes never leaving his face. He stares back at me with a pained expression, his gaze constantly flickering towards my eyes. I glare back defeatedly. I have no emotion left to care.

"Alex, please-" he starts to gently whisper before I hit the wall closest to me to silence him.

"Stop!" I scream, my voice cracking and getting caught in my throat as I choke out a sob. "I don't w-want your excuses James-" I hiccup in between sobs. I don't want him to trick me into loving him more. I don't want to forgive him for this. It's just too unforgivable of an action.

Before James can say any more lies I grab my coat and flee from our home. I hear him shout something as I run, but I ignore it, the only audible sound to me is my heart pounding out of my chest accompanied by my raggedy gasps and sobs. Tears flood down my face blurring my vision, making running difficult.

I ran for what felt like forever, my thoughts racing with reasons as to why he would cheat on me. Maybe it was because I wasn't pretty enough, or tall enough, or thin enough. Maybe he really hated my annoying personality despite his claims that he loved every part of me. Maybe I should've been more indulgent to his constant wanting for sex. Maybe then he wouldn't have fucked his coworker.

I stop to catch my breath, still sobbing uncontrollably. I wipe my eyes as the burning in my chest and throat settle into a faint stinging and I look around. I was standing in a run-down neighborhood, everything was dark and broken. Windows and doors everywhere were either boarded up or broken, paint peeling off the sides of every building that had paint.

I frown, I don't know this area. I walk down an alleyway, my mind still racing with sadness and betrayal. I stop against a wall and lean against it, trying to catch my thoughts.

After about an hour of leaning against the wall, a young, and beautiful woman sashayed past me. I decide to follow after her, I'm curious as to why such a pretty woman is walking alone in an alleyway on a Tuesday night. She took many twists and turns through the alleyway, before turning around and pinning me to the alleyway wall. She began attacking my neck with kisses which soon turned into bites.

I didn't fight her, for reasons I didn't know. Maybe it was because I want Reynolds to know how I fucking feel. Then I felt immense pain in my neck. I glanced down to see the woman attached to my neck by very long teeth. I scream as loudly as I can, hoping someone will help me. No such luck, nobody came.

The pain started numbing and I couldn't think anymore. Why am I fighting? And then everything went black.

3rd POV

Meanwhile, back at their shared house, James was sobbing at the front door. He had just lost the only person who had ever made his pathetic life worth something, and he knew that it was his fault. He fell asleep curled up by the door, hoping with all of his heart that Alex would come home and they could work it out and everything would be fine. That was not the case however when he was woken up by an urgent banging on his front door. James opened the door to find his and Alex's close friend, Marquis De Lafayette, standing there sadly. James stared at Lafayette confused as he flung himself at James and began sobbing while apologizing.

"Laf? What's wrong? What happened?" James cautiously coaxed out of the sobbing man, a feeling of dread settling in his chest. He was extremely worried, Lafayette never got this upset unless something was seriously wrong.

Lafayette took a few steps back from James, giving the man some space, before attempting to wipe away his tears. Voice quivering, the Frenchman cautiously asked:: "H-have you not seen the news yet?" James shook his head, causing Lafayette to give him a pitiful look. "Here," he said, handing his phone to James, avoiding looking him in the eye.

James read the first few words in bold letters on the phone and dropped it in shock.

US TREASURER ALEXANDER HAMILTON FOUND DEAD THIS MORNING

He felt like the world was collapsing around him. Lafayette was saying something, James was aware of the sound, but he couldn't make out what was being said. Nothing felt right; everything was wrong. He must've just read the article wrong, or the article was wrong. Alex couldn't be dead. He was JUST there, he was just there...

Lafayette stood back and watched in pity as James collapsed and sobbed. He didn't know how to comfort his friend, how could you comfort someone in this kind of situation? What do you say to someone who just lost the love of their life? Lafayette winced when James all but screamed in pain. For now, Lafayette knew it was best to comfort him at a distance, he was going through the unimaginable.

Maria's POV

I had been traveling for three hours and was currently taking a break at a library in Wisconsin. I hate to admit it but, I miss New York.

Instead of reading, because that's boring, I pulled out my computer and played games in the corner of the library. Even as I played solitaire, I couldn't help but think about James Hamilton, the husband of US Treasurer Alexander Hamilton, the man I'd killed. I've never felt guilty about killing someone, but then again, I've never seen one of my victims on the television, or at least I don't remember seeing any of my past victims on the television. Seeing his husband worsened the guilt I felt for feeding off of that man.

I close out of my solitaire and open up my email. I write out an email to James Hamilton and send it.

MaryLew: Stop looking into your husbands death.

I stare at the email I sent and then open up solitaire again. I play for a little less than two moments before I see a notification out of the corner of my eye.

JamesHam: Who are you?

MaryLew: Someone who pities you and what happened with your husband.

I quickly send my response. I'm surprised that James had responded. I see another notification pop up, speak of the devil...

JamesHam: What do you know about my husband?

MaryLew: I know that he died painlessly.

JamesHam: I'll ask again, who are you?

MaryLew: I also know that he attempted to cheat on you before he died.

JamesHam: How do you know this? did you kill him??

MaryLew: No comment.

I close my computer after sending that email and pack it back into my backpack. I leave the library quickly and resume running away.

//1174 Words

I got lazy at the end, oops
Also, I have no fucking clue how emails work-