Vampires

Maria seductively sashayed past a young man standing alone in an alleyway at midnight on a Tuesday. The man fell for her charm and followed after her. She led him further into the alleyway with an unseen smirk.

      Once she was positive no one would be able to see them she turned around and pinned the following man to the wall. She began attacking his neck with small kisses which the man didn't complain to; he figured she was a dominant prostitute.

       Her kisses began to turn into biting, earning small moans and whimpers from the man under her. She smirked against his neck and retracted her fangs, unbeknownst to the man under her. She directed her kisses to where she knew the nearest arteries to be before sinking her fangs in.

        The man shrieked out in pain and began thrashing under her strong grip. She pumped venom out of her fangs until he stopped thrashing, too sedated to care.

       In under a minute she was walking away from his body now devoid of blood. Maria hated having to feed off of humans, but it wasn't in her control. She had to feed off of them or she'd starve. It was one of the many curses of being a vampire.

       With a sigh, she walked back to her apartment and collapsed on the couch. Thanks to tonight, she wouldn't have to feed for another month.

       The next morning Maria woke to her tv broadcasting the news. She cursed in an ancient tongue knowing that her roommate had done this to fuck with her. She focused her attention to the tv and decided to listen to the news.

          "This morning the body of Alexander Hamilton, CFO of Washington Industries, was found abandoned deep in an alleyway. Grief strikes all of New York at the loss of this bright young man, but none more so than his fiancé, James Hamilton," Maria couldn't believe it. For once she'd killed some idiot of importance. And now everyone was on the lookout for a murderer.

        She frowned at the tv as it cut to footage of a man who looked to be the same age as the idiot she'd killed the last night.

         He had dark chocolate colored skin and appeared to be bald. He was clad in all black with a fedora on as well. His eyes were red and puffy as if he'd been crying for hours.

           "When they told me he was dead I... I didn't know what to think. I still don't know what to think. What are you supposed to think when your fiancé gets murdered?... I don't know who did it, but I will find the monster who killed my dearest Alexander, and they will be brought to justice..." The man's voice cracked near the end, not that Maria was paying attention.

       She hadn't been careful with her kill and now her whole species could be at risk. God, she fucked up this time. Oh well, it's not like it really mattered.

          All she had to do was move far away and restart her life of killing worthless people who contributed nothing to society.

          She felt awful for killing that poor man. He had his life ahead of him, had worth, but Maria had mistaken him for a worthless druggie.

         Though she felt even worse for his fiance. He seemed to be heartbroken at Alexander's death, unknowing that in his last moments his fiance was trying to get in bed with a woman he assumed to be a prostitute. Oh well, it was another human whose life had no meaning to her.

        "I need to get packing," She murmured to herself and did just that. After she gathered her belongings, put on a large floppy sunhat, and left behind her apartment.

//632 words
I might make a second part two this, who knows.