Chapter 2 "The House"

We finally arrived at the house. As I walked into the dreary house with my bags, I shivered. It was dark and cold. My mom turned on the lights and a long hallway with some picture frames appear. I look at the closest one and see its of me when I was 3 in Hilton head.

" You can drop your things off in your room. It's the second door to the left." My mother says as she turns a different corner.

I open the door and drop my bags on the bed. I turn on the lights and let my eyes adjust as I take it all in. There was a white bed with light brown pillows and a blue blanket that my bag was partially covering, a dresser, a desk, and a white nightstand with a picture frame on it. The color on the wall was a sea foam green and my window had white shudders. I looked outside the window to see a small tree and a brown wall separating our house from my neighbors.
I turned back around and faced my room. My desk had three drawers, with a cork board that connected to the shelves at the top. The dresser had a mirror and four big drawers with three little ones. All of my furniture. I walked into my bathroom and I had a full sink with cabinets under, a toilet, and a walk in shower. I turn around and there's a full walk in closet with shelves, drawers, and three separate bars to hang up cloths. I could get used to this.

Once I had fully checked out the room, I walked out and into what looked like the kitchen. There were two islands, two ovens, a full stove, a microwave, a fridge, and a walk in pantry. Then to my left, there was a bar, and a big screen T.V. over a couch and two arm chairs that sat around a glass table. In the dining room I saw a full table with an elegant china cabinet. My mind was racing as I look around and see all these expensive items. My mom had just lost most of her money in the divorce. How did she pay for all of this? I turned to my mom who was currently cooking lasagna and ask, "How did you pay for all of this?"

My mom, not looking up from her stirring, said, "Well the bank gave me the house for a super low price and my boyfriend payed for all of the furniture."

I just stood there with my mouth open ready to scream. Knowing that if I did that my mother would throw a knife at me, I said in a loud voice, "Boyfriend?!"

She started to slow down the pace of her stirring and said, "Yes. I didn't divorce your father because he hit me to many times. I divorced him because I fell in love with some one else."