》 64 《

"Shit. Jungkook we forgot to buy my charger," Taehyung groans in annoyance. His charger broke the other day, he was supposed to buy a new one after meeting up with Jimin. They were parked right outside Taehyung's house already though.

"The mall closes in an hour and it's only ten minutes away. I can go back," Jungkook suggests.

"Okay, let's go."

"No Tae, stay here. I don't want another guy following you around the mall. Who knows, he might still be there."

"But I'm not going to let you go alone. You're his target, Kook."

"I'll be fine, there will be lots of people there. I'll park at the front lot near the security cameras too."

Taehyung sighs, "Fine. Call me when you get there and before you come back home."

"Um, my phone is drained."

"Here, take my phone, just call me on the home phone." Taehyung hands Jungkook his phone, "I'll make us ramen while you're gone, you up for it?"

"Of course," Jungkook kisses Taehyung's cheek.

Taehyung unlocks the passenger door and hops out. He walks straight to the front door and goes inside. Jungkook drives back to the mall, it only took him eight minutes since there were less cars on the road at this hour.

Before Jungkook could even walk in to the tech shop, he feels Taehyung's phone vibrating multiple times in his pocket. He pulls it out and looks at the screen. New messages from Namjoon. He swipes the screen, entering "0901" as Taehyung's passcode.

Jungkook ran out the mall and to the car, driving home as fast as possible

Jungkook ran out the mall and to the car, driving home as fast as possible. He may or may not have went over the speed a limit a little. Who cares about that now? Taehyung might be in danger, he doesn't care about getting fined.

When he finally got to Taehyung's house, he instantly hopped out the car, even leaving the engine on. Everything seemed normal-- until he went inside.

He walked in to the stove turned on, boiling water in a pot, music playing from the laptop beside the kitchen counter, opened packs of ramen, but no Taehyung. Jungkook called out for his boyfriend mutiple times. Nonetheless, no answer. He ran upstairs, the bedrooms, the bathrooms and the basement. Nothing. Jungkook was close to crying when he noticed the back door was slightly open. Jungkook rushed outside.

It was dark, the street lights were dim and gravel crunched under his feet. He would have gone inside if he hadn't seen a car driving away towards the main exit of the neighbourhood. He walked closer to see the car but was stopped when he saw something familiar on the ground. Taehyung's zip-up hoodie. The one he always wore at home.

"Shit shit shit," he cursed. Jungkook pulled his phone out and dialled Namjoon's number. Soon enough, the other line picked up.

"Hyung."

"What happened? Are you guys okay? Is Taehyung safe?" Namjoon asked, worry evident in his tone.

"Hyung. He..."

"He what?"

"He took Taehyung," Jungkook choked out. By now he was crying. What was he supposed to do without Tae? He can't even stand a day away from him. Now he has no idea where he is.

"Kook, listen. I know how frustrated and upset you are. He took Seokjin too. Even Hoseok. But I need you to stay strong. We need to work together and find them. I'll be there soon. Meet me at your house."

"O-okay."