Chapter 9

DRACO'S POV

 I pull my trunk onto the train and freeze as I hear him happily scream "Malfoy!"

 I stand up straight and scream back "Potter!"

 He stops not two feet in front of me to examine my bruised jaw "I'm going to kill him. I'm seriously going to kill him." he looks out the window and hisses "Move."

 I stop him by pulling him into a hug. Come on Draco! Just tell him! "Harry, I lo..."

 "Guys I found a cabin!" Ron interrupts. Bloody hell, Ron!

 I simply groan and pick up my bag. After pulling it into the cabin and tossing it into the overhead bin, I plop down in a seat. I sniff around, somethings off. My eyes lock on Hermione and I stare at her until I get her attention. Her face goes blank and she nods. Harry sighs "Draco we should talk about this..."

 "About what?" I ask, pulling my attention from Hermosa to Harry. I can smell him from here and my wings ache and my mouth is dripping.

 "The jaw...." he sighs.

 "Oh." I sigh "Lucius found out about my divination practices and my mate and flipped. He tried to use his walking stick, but I snapped it in two, so he punched me."

 "Who's your mate?" Hermione smiles and she clutches the seat below her as the train starts to move.

 "I-im not going to say...." I studder "I mean you guys probably wouldn't like it and would laugh and well, I don't know..." I put my head in my hands.

 "Just tell us." Ron smiles and he messes with him mess of ginger hair. He leans back against the door on the opposite side of the cabin from me.

 Should I tell them? What would they say? How would they react? "I-i-i-i" I can't spit it out and I feel the fabric on my back ripping. Sure enough, my very large platinum white wings fly outside of my back and I groan "Shit!" Harry stares in amazement, reaching out to stroke them, I stop him "Don't do that.... please."

 "Why?" he asks in amazement. Still holding out his hand, ready to touch the platinum wings that are twice as long as my arms.

 "I haven't been with my mate yet." I blush and pluck a crooked feather "They're ultra sensitive... and they tend to fly out when I'm emotional." I hand him the feather and he strokes it "Soft, isn't it?" he nods and passes it to Ron. I groan in discomfort as the wings slide back into their pockets.

~

 As we walk up the steps of Hogwarts, Dumbeldor walks up to me "Draco Malfoy, follow me."

 "But Professor!" Harry starts "Draco hasn't blown up a toilet! Why are you gonna get onto him?"

 "Mister Potter, Draco isn't in trouble." Dumbeldor smiles "And I seem to remember you blowing up a toilet, not Draco."

 I follow him down a set of stairs, down dark hallways, turn, turn, turn, past a trophy room, around another corner, down another hallway, through a trophy room and up another set of stairs. Finally he stops and I huff "You're rather fast, for an old man." he nods and I continue "What are we doing?"

 "Quiet, Draco." He insists. After a few minutes he walks out and I follow. He leads me to his pedestal and starts to talk "Before we sort the first years, there is to be a resorting." I stiffen and gasps "Draco Malfoy. Come sit on the stool."

 My wings start to come out, but I force them down. I sit on the wooden stoop. It's so much smaller than I remember. The hat plops down over my head and I freeze. "Draco.... nice to see you again. See, your father bribed me to put you in Slytherin, but it's just not you. So, Hufflepuff or Gryffindor? Hufflepuff, you haven't been very nice the past year, but you're very loyal, especially to Potter. Gryffindor, you've stood up to your father and faced Tom... I know... it'll be." he changes his whispering tone in my head, to a scream for everyone to hear "Gryffindor!"

 After the hat gets taken off, I hear loud cheers from the Gryffindor table. Walking down the steps, I see Harry waving me over. "Lucius will never have me in the manor again." I groan as I plop into my seat next to him.

 Ron whistles and Hedwig comes flying in. Ron jots something down and smiles "Mum has a nasty case of empty burrow sickness. She'll be happy to bring you in."

 "No, I don't want to be a burden." I shack my head.

 "You can help keep an eye on mister suicide over there." he nods to Harry.

 I freeze every last muscle in my body and stare at Ron. I ask him monotonously "What?"

 Hermione sighs "I don't mean to throw you under the bus, Harry, but..." she sighs "I saw the scars...."

 I stare at Hermione for a second, before monotonously blurting out "Harry can I talk to you?" he doesn't move and l snap "Now?" my voice cracks and I stand up and he slowly gets up. As we walk into the hallway he stops and I turn at him dramatically "We aren't fucking talking here! We are going to Gryffindor! Now, walk!" I huff and he flinches away. We walk to Gryffindor in silence and I lead him up to our dorm. As soon as we get to the dorm, I slam the door and do a privacy spell before slinging off my rob and shirt and tie and let my wings out. I turn to him and sigh "Show me the scars." he rolls up his sleeve to show perfect skin. I sigh "I'm not stupid, show me." I say quietly. He sighs and slides off his shirt. Pink scars are everywhere and I have to look away "Is that all?" he looks at the ground and nods. "Show me." I grawl. He sighs and slides his pants down, kicking them off with his shoes. Pink scars everywhere. His neck is discolored and I walk closer to him. Imprints of rope. I scream "For fucks sack, Harry!"

 He flinches and whimpers "Please stop... why are you overreacting?" he slumps low and keeps his eyes at the ground.

 "OVERREACTING!?!" I scream and I grip the iron fire gate "YOU'D DO THE SAME IF THE MAN YOU LOVE IS HURTING HIMSELF!!!"

 He looks up and whispers "You love me?"

 "Have since our third year." I sigh and glance up at him. Now is as good as time as any "How could a Veela not love his mate?"

 "I'm your mate?" he asks, stepping forward and sliding a hand over my wings, causing a pleasureful wave run through my body.

 "Yeah, but you don't feel the same so... I guess it'll be 24 hours until I die... it's okay I guess..." I sigh.

 He pulls my wing and pulls me close to him, smacking his lips to mine. Before I know it, he pulls away and smiles "I love you too, Draco... you're my mate."