Chapter 8

DRACO'S POV

"Checkmate!" Harry yells as his king kills my queen. We've been cooped up in Hogwarts for the past three weeks. The day after Hogsmeade, it dropped down 20° and neither of us wanted to do anything outside. So, we stayed inside, doing tge same thing over and over again. We read, we broomed around Hogwarts, we slid down stairs on a slead, we napped.... a lot, we danced like nobody was watching, we played games to pass the time, we did just about everything you could do.

I sigh "I bored."

His face brightens "I have an idea!"

"What is it?" he doesn't say anything, he simply jumps up and runs up to his dorm. I follow after him and he sits by his nightstand. He writes a letter and hands it to Hedwig. Hedwig zips out tge window as Harry digs into his trunk, pulling out an odd plastic thing, along with rectangle shaped boxes with pictures and words on them. "What's that?" he doesn't respond, he simply runs out of the room. "Harry, where are we going?" I ask as we mount our brooms.

"The library." he says, as he sips off. As soon as we get there, Harry runs up to the Ravenclaws, who lay all around, reading. "If you would like, there's to be a movie screening after dinner, tonight."

The three Ravenclaws nod and continue reading. And we zip off on our brooms. He stops when we arrive at the kitchen. No doubt, to see if the Hufflepuffs are there. Of course, they are. Harry smile "Movie night after dinner." they nod and we fly again.

We stop, abruptly, at Dumbledor's office, as he walks down the steps "If you're asking for permission, you have it."

"Thank you, sir." Harry smiles and lifts his finger "And the other thing..."

"Go ahead, Harry." he says with a smile "I must be off. The other teachers might want to be in attendance for this movie night."

~

About an hour later, Hedwig returns with a bundle of something. Harry smiles "They always come through."

~

After dinner, Harry sets up the plastic think and we an image floods onto a wall. Oh, it's a projector. But the images move!

A lot of cushions and blankets were pulled into the dining hall and even the professors lounge around on cushions. Harry and I sit in the back, leaning against the wall. He knows I'll experience that pain in a few minutes. But the movie just started. And this movie is called The Fault in our Stars. It was about a girl, dying of cancer, and she falls in love, with a guy, who is also dying of cancer, secretly. When I do get the pain, I lean into a pillow and bite at it. It's an uncomfortable pain. Then again, it is my wings growing in under my skin. My tattoo just started growing, last week and it burns worse than anything I've ever felt before. After a few minutes, I straight up and rest against Harry, panting. He brushes my hair with his fingers and hums a soft tune. And I sit there, watching the movie. Which ended with me crying. But then, Harry stands and turns on another romcom, called Paper Towns. It's about a guy, who falls in love with his neighbor. But the neighbor runs away to a town only on paper maps, because she was scared that she was turning into a paper girl. So the boy goes after her, with his crazy friends. But he learns that he needs to live his life and act like nobodies watching. After that, the headmaster sat with us and told stories from beetlebub. And we ate crazy ice cream. I smile at Harry and whisper "This was fun."

He smiles "It's not over yet." the bell chimes midnight and he whispers "Happy New Year." and right then, the bundle beside him erupts and sends colorful beams of light to flame up and explode. And so the dance begins. The colorful beams fly together and do a special dance. Images of dragons and lions and ravens and bagers and snakes dance around each other.

I look at him. He stares up in amazement. He's so damn beautiful. And I only have a year to make him fall in love with me. I only have a year to marry him. How am I going to do this?

HARRY'S POV

As we arrive at Platforms 9 3/4, I turn to Draco. "Remember, Mondays are Muggle Movie night, at 7."

He sighs and looks out the window "We'll see if I can come of not... but hey, my birthday is tomorrow so I'll get my wings."

I smile "Promise to write?" I look at him as he grabs his trunk from the overhead bin, which he accidentally smacks himself with.

He chuckles "I would never neglect a letter from you three." Hermione smiles and gives him a hug, followed, reluctantly, by Ron.

Ron gasps "Fred and George are out there." Hermione groans and follows Ron off the train. Ron, he has an attention spand of a fly.

Draco looks out the window of the hallway and freezes. I follow his glaze to a blonde haired man. I grawl "If he hurts you, I'ma kill him, myself."

He sighs "Goodbye, Harry." I sit there numbly as Draco walks up to the man and tenses as his pale hand grips Draco's shoulder.