🌺Chapter Six🌺

"She is searching for an explanation in an ocean, but all she can see is a hurricane rushing toward the shoreline. It's going to tear down everything in its path. The waves are acquiring more and more strength the closer they get. (Say Hello to Me by @calligraphics)

💕Serene's POV💕
Today, I hope everything goes right. I woke up early. Completed my home work. And now I am getting ready. Today I chose an aqua blue shirt. and ripped jeans. I comb my hair and tie it in a ponytail. I am not really a fan of makeup. I am quite alright without it. Now I am all ready for school. I put on my black Converse and headed downstairs. Dad was reading the newspaper while Mom was cooking breakfast. I kissed Dad and hugged Mom while sitting on the kitchen counter. "So, baby girl, how is school going on?" My dad asked. "It's good, I guess," I replied while eating pancakes my mom made. Matt came a few minutes later and joined us. He and his dad were talking about his basketball practice when Mary came. I bid goodbye and headed to the car. "Hey Mary, how was your date?" I asked with curiosity. A frown appeared on her face. That means it was bad. "Let's not talk about that wet pant Billy anymore. He is such a dork. It was the worst," she said. I laughed a little, and she rolled her eyes. We reach the school in five minutes. I still had 5 minutes for the first class. We were standing in front of my locker and talking about some gossip. When I saw the gray-eyed monster. He was wearing a black t-shirt and faded light jeans. God, he is looking so delicious. What the hell..yew..what am I thinking..bad stupid hormones..uggh.. He was by his locker. He didn't even look at me. I sighed and went to my first class. The day passed quickly. He was in his usual seat for the entire biology class. He didn't even look at me once. I was kind of disappointed. Lunch came by. Today, I decided that I was not going to give up. So, as usual, he was alone in his seat. I didn't ask his permission to sit. I just went there and sat. He had his headphones. As usual, he had closed his eyes. I sat there for a minute, studying him. He has this long, jet-black hair that seems too soft. I controlled the urge to run my finger through his hair. He has this strong and sharp jaw, which gives him a mature look. He has thick eyelashes. A frown is on his face, which I think is permanent. He has a high cheekbone. He was looking so fabulous. I can't keep my eyes off of him. After a few minutes of me creepily staring at him, I coughed to gain his attention. He didn't open his eyes. I coughed louder. Still, he didn't answer. Without opening his eyes, he spoke in his husky voice, "Get the hell out of here." What, he is such a jerk? But I am not going to give up. I will annoy the hell out of him. "No, I won't," I said with a stern voice. He opened his eyes. He didn't say anything. He just looked at me. "Hi, I am Serene. I am in your biology class. Remember." He didn't say anything. But I continued my rant. "I just want to thank you for yesterday. I don't know what could have happened to me if you weren't there. I know you are probably thinking that I am a freak, but I am not. I want to be your friend, that's it," I said and waited for his response. He kept quiet. "What's your name?" I asked him. Still nothing. He is so weird. He is just looking at me without saying a word. Then the bell rang, and he grabbed his bag and went away without saying a single word. That was an interesting interaction. Wow, so refreshing. Not. I got up. And joined my friends. "So now you are working on that charity case" Stacy said. "He is not a charity case, Meg. I am talking to him because I want to," I said, and she rolled her eyes. "Okay guys, let's go. I don't want to get late for Ms. Morris's class. She is super hot," Flynn said. Mary smacked his head and mumbled pervert. The whole day went by in a blur. I tried talking to him. But it was in vain. Similarly, the whole week went by in my attempt to talk to him. Every day at lunch, I used to sit at his table. I continued my rant about me, my friends, school, biology, the library, food, and everything else I love. He didn't speak a word. The whole time, he just looked at me. That's it. I tried the whole week. Nevertheless, I felt good just talking to him. Today Ryan is throwing a party at his house. I even invited him. He didn't say anything. Weird. I was in the library. I was searching for some young adult novels when I saw him. He was sitting alone. He was reading something. I quickly went there. "Hi," I said, grinning. "Oh, you," he said, getting annoyed. "Yeah, it's me, the great Serene. What are you doing here?" I asked. He didn't reply. I continued my conversation. I was in the middle of talking about different types of tools used in the medieval era. When he harshly banged his hand on the table. I flinched. "Are you blind or deaf? Can't you see I don't want to talk to you. You are so pathetic. I get it your life is perfect. No need shove it on my face. Jesus, you are so annoying and weird. I don't want to be your friend. Get that straight. You are just wasting my time. Better do some productive work. I have lots of work to do. And I am not a charity case that you need to fix. Suck that up and get the hell out of here. And don't you dare talk to me ever again." I didn't know how to react. It hurt me a lot. I couldn't control my tears. No one has ever talked to me like that. Am I that pathetic? I was just trying to get to know him. Tears run down my cheeks. "Oh, great, now that I have everything, Princess is crying. Life is so good. It couldn't be any better," he said and walked away. I just sat there. Silently crying.

★★★"