🌺Chapter Twenty- One🌺

"It's okay not to know what you want as long as you know what you don't want." Priyanka
Chopra

💕Serene's POV💕

It's been two weeks since the day he told me all about his past. Our bond grew stronger than ever. We were literally joined at the hip. Lately, he has been busy with his basketball practice. He has been bonding with Asher a lot. I am glad, though. He is now officially one of us. He is no longer a loner. He has been laughing a lot lately. And every time he does, my heart shifts an inch. He is no longer uncomfortable or awkward around the girls. He treats them with respect. Juliet and he are getting along lately, but I am fine with it. Because I know they are just friends. So am I. I have been gaining courage so that I can tell him tomorrow. Tomorrow is my birthday. I am turning 17. I wanted to have a small get-together with all my friends. But my friends didn't even consider listening to my opinion. So they all decided to throw a party at Flynn's house. His parents are out of town. And instead of just friends, they invited the whole school. And I, being the birthday girl, have no say in it. Did I mention that Casper is back? Yes, he is back. I talked to him. He seems normal. I didn't even see any kind of expression when Caleb held my hand on the lunch table. And even he and Caleb are getting along too. It was weird, but I am happy he has moved on. I asked him where he had been. He just told me that he went because he needed to clear his head. And now he has moved on and wants to forget the past. I agreed. Mary seems happy now. Obvious. I also tried to talk to her, but she refused sternly to talk to me. I let it go. "So Sy, I will pick you up at four. Because the game will be starting at five," "Mikee said. I nodded. I forgot to mention that today is the basketball season's opening day. Usually, I used to ignore these games. But this time Caleb is playing. I won't miss it for the world. Besides, he gave me his jersey to wear. "Yeah. Sounds good". I said. Caleb was going to stay in school for practice. So I quickly gave him a kiss on the cheek. Wish him luck. I spun around. When he caught my hand, I turned back. He smiled and said, "Don't you dare to miss the game. I don't want to play the game without my lucky charm" I smiled. "I will be there". "Don't forget to wear the jersey." "I won't." I ran toward the parking lot. Mikee and Stacy were there. They smiled. "You know you two act like real couples? "Stacy said. "I don't know". I smiled. Mikee snorted. I rolled my eyes. Our school won the game. As soon as the game was over. Caleb came and hugged me tightly. Every eye was on us. We didn't mind. He was the star of the game. I am really proud of him. Everyone congratulated him. He didn't let go of my hands. After the game, we all went to Andrea's cafe. He was sitting beside me. The boys were talking with him about how great he was in the game. They wanted to throw a party today for the big win, but since tomorrow there is going to be a party, Stacy didn't allow it. Which led to a verbal cussing competition between Stacy and Jake. He still hadn't let go of my hand. I am so thrilled. Just 24 hours more. I counted. Tomorrow, I will tell him everything. He was eating my fries. When Juliet spoke. She had been quiet lately. Maybe it's because of Xavier. The only time I saw her happy was when she tutored Caleb in the library. Caleb is a little weak in algebra. Juliet was strong on that subject. Since I didn't opt for algebra, I told Juliet to teach him. I didn't mind them working together. Like I said, I trust them. Aside from the way Caleb talks to me, I can tell he loves him. I know I am overconfident. Blame me. But it's true. "That was a great game, Caleb". She said it smiling. He let go of my hand. For the first time in the whole night, he let go of my hand. The lack of contact burned me. He didn't say anything. They just stared at each other. Then he said it in a low voice. "Thanks." He smiled at her. His eyes twinkled with excitement. I never saw that in his eyes when he was looking at me. Chill serene. You are thinking too much. I shrugged. After that, he didn't hold my hand. He dropped me off at home. I waved him goodbye. This is the last. This is the last goodbye for us as friends. I smiled. Tomorrow, everything will change. For the good or for the bad.

★★★"