🌺Chapter Fourteen 🌺

"I had to look in the places it hurt the most to find the light that I had lost."
.

💕Serene's POV💕

I just stood there for a minute or two. It was too much for me. He is Caleb. He is my Caleb. He is my one and only Caleb. He was right in front of me the whole time. And I have been searching for him in Seattle for like three years. I can't believe it. I found him. He is flesh and blood in front of me. I can't believe it. He has a hint of worry in his eyes. Maybe it's because I am grinning like a lady on crack. I threw myself at him. And I hugged him tightly. He was taken aback this time. Maybe it's because he wasn't prepared that I will attack him like a freaking gorilla. So he lost his balance and fell to the floor. Along with me. He was holding my waist. I didn't let him go. I was on top of him when we fell down. I still didn't let him go. I was so overwhelmed by the revelation. I can't just believe that I knew my dark prince. The monster is my dark prince. The one I have been searching for these two years. I have been writing countless letters toThe one I am in love with We were still on the floor. I raised my head from his embrace. He was staring with quizzical eyes at me. He tucked a strand of hair behind my ears. He smiled. He freaking smiled. Oh and I fell in love with him even more. Oh,hat's gotten into you, angel? Do you realise how much you weigh?" He smirked. What? How dare he? I don't weigh much. realizeam a little plump. That's it. Okay,still it doesn't give him the right to say it I pouted. He looked at me with amusement. And he laughed. A whole-hearted laugh. This wasn't the mockery laugh. Neither was it a fake laugh; it was a genuine laugh. That was music to my ears. "You are Caleb," I said. He looked puzzled. "Yes, I am, so?" "You are my Caleb. Monster, you are my Caleb. I have been waiting for you for three years." I said with an excitement-laced voice. "What are you talking about? I am not getting it, Angel," he said, sitting up on the floor. He asked me, getting confused. "Hmm..its kind of creepy. Actually, we have met earlier. Before us meeting in school. Well, it wasn't a mutual meeting, but I met you." He scrunched his eyebrows. Calm down, girl. He has no idea that you are a weird creep who falls in love with a stranger who barely knows them. And on top of that, writes a letter to them. You will freak him out. Don't tell him the truth about you. He just started getting close to you. He let you in when he hadn't even let anyone in before. Do you want to ruin that? Do you want to scare him away? My conscious reminded me. I can't lose him. He is the thread that's holding me. I can't lose my lifeline. So I have to hide the truth about me from him. It's the only remedy. "Great, now you've spaced out." His voice brought me back to reality. "What were you saying earlier? he asked me. "It's nothing. I just knew a guy whose name is Caleb too. It's been a very long time since we met each other. We were very young. Due to the similarities in first name, I thought it was you. But it can't be. You two have very different personalities. And also, you didn't attend Mystic Preschool. So you can't be him." I lied smoothly. I know I am a damn good liar. He chuckled and nodded."Yup, that may be it. You are mistaken. I have never been to Mystic Falls before. I used to live in Seattle. Beside, if I had known you, I would have never forgotten you." He is so close yet so far from me. I cursed myself. Why is he playing games with my heart? It confirms that he is my Caleb. The one I am madly in love with "But wait, why were you saying something about three years ago and some bullshit about not having a mutual meeting?" He asked, raising his eyebrow. "Oh crap. Busted. Quickly think of a lie, sir. "That's because three years ago I was in this carnival when a group of boys were talking loudly. They seemed to be my age. I heard one of them saying Caleb's name and asking him what he was doing in Mystic Falls after so many years. He has his back to me, so I couldn't see him properly. When I approached him, he was lost in the crowd." I lied again. God, I am good at this. I nodded. Sadly. If only you knew. Caleb. If only you knew. "Don't worry, angel. If he is meant to be, he will come around. Beside, you will get far better. You are no ordinary girl, angel, so you don't deserve ordinary," he said, brushing his knuckles lightly on my cheek. I want to cry. I want to cry in my misery. You were the moon the depths of my heart longed for.
What the world called waves was nothing but me trying to touch you. We were silent when we heard steps in the hall. It must be a watchman. He banged on the door to make the watchman feel our presence. He unlocked us. We told him everything. He nodded. We thanked him and went out of the building. "So, I will see you soon," I smiled and said in a small voice. "Ya, sure. I will drop you off. I know where you live, by the way," he said. I nodded. "What's wrong?" he asked me while driving. He just smiled. Wait a minute. He was at the party. That's it. He shouted at me for no apparent reason. He was with me the entire time at the party. Still, this asshole has the guts to deny it the next day with a solid insult on my face. "You jerkface arrogant asshole. How dare you shout at me that day when you were there?" I yelled, hitting in his arm. He laughed and started blocking my hit with his one hand. "Calm your butt. Look, I am sorry for the way I behaved with you earlier. Can we begin again? From the start?" He grinned. I melted. This boy I nodded. "So, hi. I am Caleb, and I am in your biology class," he said, forwarding his hands. I grinned. "Nice to meet you, Caleb. I am Serene." I took his hands. In that moment, I forgot every ounce of pain I felt. It was just me and him in his car, staring at each other in the silence of the night. I couldn't want anything else in my life. He left me at my house. I stood there until he was out of my sight. I ran. I ran toward my room, not listening to the voice coming from the living room. I had to hold it long enough. As soon as I open my room, I fall to my knees. I cried. I cried for everything. I cried for him, for us."