🌺Chapter Twenty Eight🌺

I think about you more than I dislike you. And for some reason, I don't loathe that as much as I should.

Serene's PO💕

When I reach school next week. Everything was pretty normal. I no longer had this feeling inside me for Caleb. OK, that was a lie. I did feel it, but that's reduced a bit. The whole school was still talking about prom night. Apparently, to no surprise, Stacy was crowned queen, and to no surprise, Jake was crowned king. Wait, that is not the most shocking thing that happened there. Apparently, before that, Jake kissed Stacy and confessed to her that he loved her. Stacy also replied back. Shocking. I know. How and when these enemies fell in love. So I confronted them. Both of them, to be specific. Because when I reached the cafe to talk to her about it, she bunked biology and left me with Caleb. Which was torture for me. Both of them were sucking their faces. They even didn't stop when I coughed. I had to bang on the table to gain their attention. Finally, she told me from the start what happened to them. Long story short, Stacy loved Jake once, a long time ago. But Jake, being Jake, wants no strings attached. Which they did have a lot of time. But she confessed it to him. He backed out and left her alone. Then she became the Stacy we see now. But soon the idiot realized his mistake, and when he came to her house, he found her with his big brother. Yup, that led both of them into hatred. But at my so-called birthday party, they kissed each other. And then the repressed feeling came back. And now they are in love. I hugged both of them. At least something is going right. I got up and excused myself. I had some work to do in the publishing section. Meanwhile, I saw Caleb coming alone. Yeah right. After getting out of the party, I called Jules to check if she was okay. Apparently, her grandpa had a heart attack, so she had to leave. Although Caleb insisted she come, she said it would be good if the only family member came. Who am I to complain? It worked well for me. I don't feel the strong ache in my heart anymore. That's a good thing, right? He saw me and waved hello. So did I. Then I moved past him. I quickly got done with my work and came back for lunch. When Kaden stopped me. After prom night, we sat on his roof and talked a lot. Basically, he did, and I listened. We danced too. Under the stars and all. It was perfect for a couple, but not for us. So when things got awkward, We pulled back. He did want to say something, but he stopped himself. And I was glad he did stop. And didn't want to ruin the moment. So in the end, I slept on his shoulder. The next day, I woke in his room alone. He is a very sweet guy. Any girl would fall for him. But it's not me. I've already given my heart to someone. "So you busy tonight?" he asked me. "Yeah, got some work to do. Plus I am sorting some colleges out who accepted me." "Oh, so where do you wanna go?" "Away from here. Well, basically I wanted to go to Yale". I said. "That's really great. What do you want to study further?" "Medical. You?" "Law." I nodded. "So I will see you soon." "Okay, sunshine." He smirked. I smiled. And went to the table. The table was full of chatter. Zach and Mikee were feeding each other. Flynn was making out with Nina. Jack was stealing fries from Stacy's plate. And Caleb was in deep conversation with Stacy about something. I came near to listen to what they were saying. "Come on, Stacy, you've got to know something about her. You were the organizer," he said. "I told you there were lots of girls with red masks on. How should I know?" She said. Oh god, is he asking about me? "Okay, if I try to be specific, like what was she wearing, can you advance a little? Because she didn't even tell me her name. But she knows everything about me. I want to find her," he said. She sighs. "Yeah, sure, I can try." God, please don't let her guess it was me. "She wore an aqua blue dress. She had red lipstick matching her mask. And the dress was backless, and her hair was up in buns," he said. A part of me was glad that he noticed me. But the second part hoped that she wouldn't recognize me, but that's not possible. She will, for sure, because my whole appearance was her idea. She, in particular, designed me. She slowly furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me. I was requesting she not tell him. "I don't think I remember such a girl in the dance. Out of curiosity, why are you so desperate to know who she is?" "I don't know." He got up. I followed him. "Caleb? What's the matter?" I asked him. He turned around. "I don't know Angel," he said. "What happened?" I asked him. He thought for a second and told me the whole scene that had happened at prom. I nodded. "So why do you want to know about her?" "Maybe, because she seems familiar. And I want to ask her what she meant by good bye and getting over." "Don't you think you shouldn't pry further. Clearly she said she wanted a goodbye. So give that goodbye. And don't let your feelings fluctuate. You love Jules. I know that. So keep it simple. Don't make things further complicated." He paused for a moment and then hugged me. I hugged him back. I really had to let him go. He kissed my temple and said, " You know me so well, angel. Even better than anyone." I wish you knew that well too. I smiled. We parted our ways."