🌺Chapter Twenty Six🌺

"Because we all need a little help sometimes—someone to help us hear music in their world, to remind us that it won't always be this way. That someone is out there..and that someone will find you."

💕Serene POV💕

I didn't go to the carnival. Because I didn't have the courage to see them happy and in love together. I am a coward. Mikee and Stacy tried to convince me to go, but I refused firmly. The week went fast because of the exam. I hardly saw them. I spent my lunch in the library. This weekend is the basketball finale. Caleb is now the captain of the team. He had done extremely well in the previous matches. They say he is one of the best players Mystic High has produced. I am so happy for him. I hadn't attended any of his matches after my birthday, but I have heard he is awesome. Whatever has happened doesn't mean that I have stopped caring for him or that I am loving him less. So for the sake of what we used to do, I decided to attend the match. I was in the middle of tutoring a girl in my biology class when I saw Caleb approaching me. "Angel, you are coming today, right?" I smiled and said. "I won't miss it for the world." He grinned."Okay, I will see you there. Remember you are my lucky charm." I nodded. Then he was gone. I was hoping that he would give his jersey to me like before. But clearly, things have changed. Our team has 25 seconds to score and win the game. This is the moment where everyone is biting their nails. And with the blink of an eye. The ball is in the basket. And it was Caleb who did it. And the whole audience cheered madly. I jumped off the seats and cheered too. Although it was Juliet who was wearing his jersey, I digested it. We were all sitting on the second row. As soon as the ball went in the basket, the buzzer rang, signaling that we had won the tournament. Every team member hugged Caleb. But his eyes were on someone else. He was looking at us. In the middle of all the congratulations, he ran toward us. I know he remembers this. He used to hug me after his win. I know he will never change this. I smiled and waited for him to come and swift me in his strong arm. But that never happened. Instead, he passed me and kissed Juliet. He kissed her. He held her up and kissed her. The crowd hollered. Oohs and awws can be heard. And I didn't react. I kind of expected this. Of course, it's their story. I am just an unrequited side character. My friends were looking at me with a worried expression. I smiled and assured them that I was fine. When they separated, they had a smile on their faces. Caleb noticed me and gave me a hug. I was numb. So this time, my heart didn't do a summersault. I hugged him back and congratulated him. This Sunday too, he didn't come, and as usual, annoying Kaden did come. This time early, at 7. We didn't talk much. He stopped solving for me too. So on Monday, when I reached the school, I saw flyers for the prom dance everywhere. I don't care; I am not going anyway. We were in lunch. Now everyone is settled with Caleb and Jules. But Casper stopped sitting with us. When I tried to talk to him. He said he felt suffocated seeing me like this. I didn't say anything. I understand. So he now sits with other jocks. "Oh, I am so excited to go to the prom. This year it's going to be the best. Of course it will. I am organizing it," Stacy said, clapping her hands. "Ya, I know it's going to be a night to remember," Mikee replied. "Plus, it's going to be a masquerade party. So, boys, you better remember your girl, and vice versa," Stacy said. I rolled my eyes. "Sy, what are you wearing on prom". Jules asked. "Yeah, about that. I am not going". I said. "What? Why? Nonsense, you are going; that's final". Mikee said. I shook my head. "Guys, please. I don't want to. Plus, I don't have a date". "I will be yours, baby," "Flynn said, grinning. I rolled my eyes. "Shut up, Flynn, you already asked Nina out on prom". "But I could always dump her. Anything for you, sugar". He licked his lips. I made a disgusting face. He laughed. "Come on, si. What about the hot new kid you keep talking to, Kaden?" Stacy asked. "No. I don't want to go." After lots of convincing, I agreed. Now the problem is to find a date. And obviously Caleb and Jules too. You see, I have dreamt of going to prom with him and kissing him, and seeing him kiss someone else will probably drag me backward. Because now that I think I have progressed in letting him go, I was standing in the parking lot. When somebody tapped me from behind. I turned around. "It's you, the annoying idiot." "Ouch, that hurts. How about a sexy beast?" "You wish. So what brought the mind reader here?" He rubbed his back of the neck". Will you accompany me to the prom?" I froze. Is he joking? Nope, he is serious. Should I say no? "Why me? I mean, no one will deny your offer to go, so why are you asking me? "I asked. "That's why. No one can say no to me, but you can. So I asked you. Plus, you are hot as hell." I smirked. Sure. "Blue is the colour of my dress. Be on time. Okay. And remember its just a party. I am not advancing you on anything." He laughed and nodded. He is really color I smiled. Leslie was waiting for usremember,mit's when we reached there. Everything is not good between us. But its manageable. So ait'sr lots of se ching. Stacy and Mikee found perf, t dress for themselves. I was going to wfound the dress my mom brought. It's a nice dress. It's an aqua blue dress that has a slit up to my lower thigh. It has delicate frills all over its body. And with a heart-shaped neckline. The dress is backless. Mikee chose a silver evening gown, while Stacy chose a red mermaid-style gown. I don't know about Stacy's date. Mikee is going with Zach. Mary bought a golden dress. And she is going with Ryan. Yes, the jerk jock, Ryan. And for Juliet, she is going to wear a baby pink floral evening gown. And it's pretty obvious with whom she was going. Tomorrow is prom, and I am not a bit excited about it.