🌺Chapter Fifteen 🌺

"One of the most beautiful qualities of friendship is to understand and to be understood." Lucius Annaeus Seneca

💕Serene POV💕

I woke up the next morning with new excitement and a giddy feeling in my stomach. A new thrill of meeting my Caleb again. God, I am acting like a lovestruck teenage girl. What happened to your philosophy of never giving your heart to anyone again? What happened to that girl who hated everything that was related to love? What happened? Caleb happened. My inner self concluded the fight in my mind in just two words. I was never the kind of girl who made an effort to look good for school. But today it was different. I actually thought of getting ready in a proper way. The things I do for him So I decided to wear an aqua blue off-shoulder top and white shorts. I completed my look with knee-length black boots.
as usual, cooking, and dad was busy reading the paper. "Morning dad, morning mom," I greeted them. They greeted me back. "Sy, Mary is not going to pick up today," my dad asks. I shook my head in a no. I don't know what is wrong with her now. She told me a week ago that she wouldn't pick me up from now on. She said it very bluntly. She never gave me a reason. I never asked her. It's her own wish. To sum it all up, she is being a bitch. Now a days, Stacy is giving me a ride to school along with Mikee. I am glad I have them. A horn honked, which broke my thoughts. I knew it was them, so I bid farewell to my parents and headed toward Stacy's car. As I entered the backseat of the car, I felt two pairs of eyes staring at me. Stacy and Mikee were staring at me like I was a weird species that just landed on earth. I just rolled my eyes and mouthed "what?" "Are you fucking kidding me, girl? Since when did you start dressing up like girls in the school?" Mikee asked me with a confused expression. "Oh, what changed your mind about dressing fancy, by the way, cow?" Stacy asked me, smirking. "It's nothing. I just wanted to show my girly girl side, so here I am. How do I look?" I asked, avoiding any further inquiry. "You look hot. I don't play for the other side; otherwise, I would definitely bang you," Meg said while laughing. "Yew, no." "Come on,tell us the real reason of this wardrobe change of yours." Mikee said, "Cut it out, guys. It's nothing. Don't exaggerate it." I gave my final verdict. And I thought that would stop further inquiry. Nope. That didn't stop them. The whole ride, they discussed the possible reason for my change, and they concluded that the reason is a boy. I blushed but ignored them anyway. When we reached the parking lot of the school, I saw my other friend waiting for us. Mary came with a guy who looked really scary. That must be her flavor of the week. Zach came and sat behind Mikee. Aww, so cute. Not. Juliet and Xavier were together. Obvious. Jake and Flynn were together, talking about some hot chick they went with. As I got out of the car. I heard multiple gasps from my friend. Before I could say anything, Jake exclaimed, "What are you wearing?" "Um..I guess it's called clothes, which I am sure you are wearing too," I said calmly. "Ha ha, very funny. No, you are not wearing that to school." This time it was Flynn. I rolled my eyes. "Sorry, but last time I checked, you are not my dad, and I won't follow your orders." "Don't you realize that there are horny teenagers in every corner of this school? Go and change," they both said. "Where is Casper?" I asked them, changing the subject. "Um, he is in California. He's got some work to do," Zach said. "Oh, but it's the middle of the term. How long will he be there?" I asked him. "I don't know. He didn't inform me." I knew he was hiding something. So I didn't ask him any further questions. We headed to our classes. I was eagerly waiting for the biology class. I will get to see him. I was happy. Soon came the biology lecture. I know he will be late. So I sat in my usual seat patiently. Then he came. With his attitude and charm. He was wearing a blue shirt and black jeans, which hung on his waist perfectly. I know I was swooning, but I can't take my eyes off him. He is so yummy. He didn't look at me. He passed me and sat on his corner seat. I felt a little disappointment. The whole class went in, me turning back to look at him, and he not giving me any look. The whole time, he was busy writing the notes. I felt really hurt. I was talking to Maggie when he tapped me from behind. I turned back. I asked him politely what he wanted. He asked me if he could borrow my notes as he was not present in the previous class. I gave him my notebook. That simple conversation was everything for me. Stacy was noticing everything. She gave me a smirk. I just rolled my eyes. After a few minutes, he gave my notebook back. When I opened it, a yellow note caught my eye. On the note, in beautiful writing, were written three words that pumped blood furiously into my skin, making it red. No, not those three words. It was ' You look beautiful." The bell rang. He got up and gave me his infamous smirk. Jerk. I muttered. "He is the reason, isn't he?" Stacy asked. I was confused. So I asked her, "What reason?" "The reason behind your genuine smile. Your sudden dressing up. Your liveliness. Your blush." She said smiling. I couldn't deny it; she is right. He is the reason. I smiled and didn't say anything. "I so knew it. Oh my god. Finally, Sy.I am so happy for you cow. But yeah, be careful. The one who has the power to make you can break you too." "Yeah, I know. But please don't tell anyone," I said. She nodded." So when are you guys making it official?" she asked me, clapping his hands. "That is the problem. He doesn't know I like him. And I don't know if he does like me." "Oh, okay. Don't worry. Everything will fall into place," she assured me. I hugged her, and we headed to our respective classes. Soon it was lunch. I knew what I had to do. So I headed toward Caleb. It's time to introduce him to my friends. It's going to be difficult. But I will try my best to make it simple for him."