🌺Chapter Twenty Nine🌺

"And even now, when the wind whispers your name against my skin,the silence of you is deafening. -Nicole Lyons

Serene's PO💕

Senior year. A year to remember You never forget the things you did in the last year of school. And I have lived mine. It seems like yesterday that I entered this school for my senior year. A lot of things happened in between. Some were good. Some were bad. But there is nothing I want to forget. I have lived the whole year. And if I had the chance, I would live it again and again. It taught me a lot of things. It taught me that love prevails over all. It taught me how to cherish my friendship. It taught me that friends, no matter what, will be there for you. A point will come when you won't see anyone standing beside you. But if you look closer and look around, you will find your friends holding you. And that's home. The halls, the classrooms, and the parking lot will always be my home. No matter where I go from here, Mystic Falls will always be my home. And in the end, I will always come back to it. The last box of my belongings is packed now. I see my empty room, and a tear threatens to come out. A lot of memories are in this room. I got accepted to Havard for medicine. I am really happy. I've always felt fascinated by medical science. So it was a great deal when I got in. My mother hasn't stopped crying for the past two weeks. She is still crying. My friends are here. Stacy got into NYU for fashion design. She is moving soon. Zach got a scholarship to Boston University. Mikee got into Boston University for journalism too. As for Jake, he is also accompanying his girlfriend. And going to major in history. Flynn is going to UCLA to major in architecture. Along with Casper. Mary is heading to France for culinary school. And for Caleb, he is going to study business at Duke. He always wanted to do that. And I am happy for him. Juliet is going to Italy to study photography. They decided on a long-distance relationship. I am happy for both of them. And Kaden is going to study law at Harvard along with me. So we are going together. They all bid me goodbye. Hugged me too. Caleb kissed my head and hugged me. I kissed him on the cheek and bid him farewell. Every box is packed. In fifteen minutes, I am going to start a new life without Caleb. It hurts, but I need to forget him. He is a part of my past. I have to accept a future where he is nothing more than a friend. My best friend I just have to do one last thing. I looked at the brown box on the table. I picked it up and opened it. Inside the box lie the 745 letters I have ever written to him, along with the picture I found on the rocks and his charm bracelet. I took it. Closed it. "Honey, are you sure you don't want us to come to the airport?" my mom asked me. "I am fine, mom. Besides, Kaden is going with me." "Oh yeah. Hurry up or you are going to be late," my dad said. I hugged them both. I hugged my brother and waved him goodbye. And headed to Kaden's car. "You're ready to start a new life with me, Berry Bear?" he said, grinning. "Shut up, hug the penguin, and drive. "I rolled my eyes. "Your wish, my command, Berry Bear."" He started driving. "Kaden, stop at the park". I said. He didn't say anything. Over the course of time, we have come closer. We do understand each other completely. It was nothing like what I had with Caleb. It's good, but different. He never asked me why I kept coming to the park every Sunday. He never asked me who broke my heart. And that's what I like about him. When I am with him, he never lets my past stories come in between our conversations. We reached the park. I held his hand for strength, and we went to the tree. Caleb and mine I told him to dig the ground. He got back, got some shovels from the car, and started digging. It wasn't that deep, but it was enough for me. I took the box and placed it on the ground. And covered it with soil. This is officially me saying goodbye to him. No longer, dear Caleb. I cried. Every story comes to an end, and this is our story's end. Our unrequited story Kaden held me and hugged me. I let him. We drove to the airport. I have loved a boy. A boy who was broken. I fixed him. At least I tried. I gave him everything, never seeking anything in return. But one day he left me. Because he finally found everything. I let him go. Because that is what love means. I am Serene, a girl who is in love with Caleb. And this is my story.

This is not the end. There is still one chapter to go and an epilogue. "