Your My Brother Jay

Authors note: I have decided to make this a Ruzek/OC story, so sorry to your Burzek shippers.
Running a hand through her dark auburn hair and collapsing onto her bunk,Hollie allowed herself to think. 'I have family. But do they want me. What if they don't want me.' She thought crossing her legs in front of herself. 'They'll want you. Your mom didn't. She was high half the time.' Her brain argued with itself.

"Hey, Hollie right?" Kidd said coming and sitting on the end of the bed. "Have you been in here the whole time?"
"Yeah, why what time is it?" Hollie asked snapping out of her daze.
"It's nine o'clock." Kidd answered. "You've been here nearly 11 hours."
"I've just got a lot on my mind." Hollie said with a smile. "You know Will and Jay Halstead right?"
"Yeah, they come to Mollys a lot." Kidd answered.
"What are they like?" Halstead asked with a smile.
"Very protective, they'd both do anything to help anyone, both got one hell of a sense of humour." Kidd told her. "Come to Mollys after shift I'll introduce you."
"Thanks."
Truck 81, Ambulance 61 car accident...
"Duty calls." Kidd said with a laugh, getting off the bed and heading for the door.

At PD the next day
"Hey, thanks for coming." Jay said hopping up from his desk when he saw the young smoke eater arrive. "So you're new at 51?" He asked as he guided her into the break room.
"Yeah That was my first call." She answered with a smile as she studied his features.
"That's one way to start." He Said, returning her smile. "Anyway, I just need you to write exactly what happened and sign off at the bottom." He passed her a piece of paper.
"Got it." She said clicking a pen and writing.

"Bro I swear it was almost.. weird." Jay said over the phone during his lunch break. "She looked like the dead middle of us."
"How?" Will Questioned.
"My eyes and aurburn hair." Jay answered as he heard his brothers name being called. "You go save some lives." He said hanging up the phone and picking up his coffee. Hollie had left a little over ten minutes ago and he had not been able to shake the feeling that he should know her. A few minutes later his phone started ringing again, but from an unknown number. "Halstead." He answered.
"Jay? It's Hollie from earlier." Her voice was shaking.
"Yeah I remember, what's up?" He said reaching for his keys that were on the table infront of him.
"Someone's broke into my apartment. I'm sorry I didn't know who to call, I should've just called 911." She rambled.
"No it's fine." Jay cut her off. "I'm on my way over, don't touch anything. Text me your address." He grabbed his keys and headed for his car.

"Did you touch anything?" Jay said glancing around the trashed apartment.
"No, the door was open and I called you." Hollie said taking in the scene infront of her shaking frame.
"Your landlord said this is the only apartment that was broken into so is there anyone who would do this? An ex? An enemy?" Jay asked guiding her back to the door.
"Aside from the guy from yesterday or a couple family members with a grudge?" Hollie said with a shaky smile. When Jay raised his eyebrows she explained, "I left home at 16 and my mom and I didn't leave it on the best terms."
"Could this be her way to get you home?" Jay asked, concerned.
"Honestly, I don't think she would be able to do this without saying something." Hollie said.
"Have you got anywhere you can stay tonight?" Jay asked as she shut the door.
"Not really, I'll probably crash with Kidd." Hollie said as they headed for the stairs.
"Come stay with me." Jay stated causing Hollie to turn round.
"I can't." She turned him down.
"Why not?" He countered.
"Because.." she paused. "Your my brother Jay." She whispered. He thought he had heard her wrong until she looked up and he realised how much she really looked like him and Will. "Your dad, our dad, told Boden he had an affair with my mom. And she got pregnant."
"How old are you?" Jay asked, his mind trying to work it out.
"26." Hollie said.
"When I was six my dad left, for a year." Jay thought aloud. "That's when you were born.." he moved closer to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Now your definitely staying with me." He said.
"I've never had a proper family." Hollie said, tears beginning to roll down her cheeks.
"Oh don't worry, you'll be sick of us soon enough." Jay said with a smile.
"Us?" Hollie questioned before answering herself. "Your brother, Will? Right?" She Said with a smile as they reached the cars.
"Yeah." Jay answered pulling apart from her. "I'll call my boss, take the day off and we'll do something." He looked her over again, "you really look like us you know?"
"Thanks." She Said getting into his car. "Wills a doc right?" Jay nodded, turning the ignition. "Well now there's a Halstead in every emergency service." She joked.

Back at his apartment Jay decided to call Voight. "Voight." He answered the phone, obviously not checking the caller id.
"Hey Sarge it's Halstead, I was hoping I could take the rest of the day off."
"Why, what's going on?" Voight Asked.
"It's a family thing." Jay answered leaning back on the doorframe and looking to where his little sister was sat flicking through the channels on the TV.
"I'll call you if we need you." Voight agreed.
"Thanks Voight." Jay said hanging up the phone and taking two drinks over to the sofa.
"Voight? As in Hank Voight?" Hollie said looking over at him.
"Yeah, that's the one, why, you know him?" Jay asked, intrigued.
"Not personally but most people on my old block did. My next door neighbor  got killed because she was his CI." Hollie told him.
"Did you ever help him?" Jay asked, worried about the life his sister had lived.
"Wasn't really my sorta thing, I was more of a drug runner." She Said with a small laugh. "Your face!" She exclaimed with a laugh. "I gave him some info a few times, kept my mom out of jail and me out of the system with a roof over my head."
"I feel so bad, I'm your brother." Jay was cut off by Hollie.
"But you had no idea I existed." She said.
Authors note: feel free to suggest where I should go with this story in the comments or a DM.