Double date

A week later
"Hey." Hollie greeted Gabby and Matt as she walked into the firehouse.
"You back?" Gabby Asked.
"Yep." Hollie Said with a laugh as a smile spread across the paramedics face.
"Took you long enough." Cruz commented, overhearing the conversation.
"Thanks." Hollie replied, rolling her eyes. "You try being stabbed." She called over her shoulder to him. "I need to go clear my return with Boden then I'll be right back." Hollie said turning towards his office.
"Come in." Boden shouted as Hollie knocked on the door. "Halstead, I heard you got cleared." He Said with a warm smile.
"I did." She said happily.
"Welcome back." Boden said, "hopefully you'll last two shifts this time?" He joked.
"Fingers crossed." Hollie answered.
"How's it going with Will and Jay?" Boden asked.
"Good, it feels like I've known them forever." Hollie replied.
"And your dad?" Boden asked.
"I've not really spoken to him and I don't think they have either." Hollie answered.
"I'm always here if you need to talk."
"Thanks Chief." Hollie Said, leaving and heading into the common room.

"So.. how's it going with Mouse?" Kidd asked. It was a few hours and only 1 call later and Hollie had found herself sat at the table with the girls.
"We're doing good, We've got a double date planned for tonight with Will and his girlfriend." Hollie revealed. "What about you and Severide?" Hollie turned the attention to Kidd.
"We're doing good."

The next day
"Hey." Hollie Said as she answered the door. It was the night of the double date and Mouse had come to pick her up.
"You look nice." Mouse Said, taking in her outfit. She was wearing a black dress with a burgundy scarf and brown jacket and boots. Her hair was straightened down her back, with a hairtie around her wrist in case she got annoyed with it, her makeup was natural.

 Her hair was straightened down her back, with a hairtie around her wrist in case she got annoyed with it, her makeup was natural

"Thank you, So do you." Hollie replied, linking her arm in his as she locked her apartment up. She had gone home after her shift because she didn't really have any dresses at Jays, she wasn't sure wether she would go home or to Jays later.

"Do you have a table booked?" The waitress asked Mouse and Hollie.
"I think my brothers booked one, it should be under Will Halstead?" Hollie answered.
"Table for four." She read aloud. "Right this way."
"Thank you." Mouse said as they sat down.
"May I get you a drink whilst you wait for your brother?" She asked, placing four menus on the table.
"I'll have a beer please." Mouse Said.
"And I'll have a coke." Hollie added. "Thank you." She said as the waitress left. "This should be interesting." Hollie Said, taking in her surroundings. Will and Nat had picked a nice place, not too fancy but a good place for a double date.
"Hey." Will called as he walked over.
"Hey." Hollie Said getting up and embracing him. Hollie glanced over his shoulder and saw a woman stood there. "You must be Natalie?"
"Nat, this is my sister Hollie and her boyfriend Mouse. This is Natalie." Will introduced.
"Please, call me Nat." She Said with a smile.
"Nice to meet you Nat, I've heard a lot about you." Hollie Said kindly.
"All good I hope." Nat Said with a smile as they all sat down.
"Of course." Hollie answered.

"So how did you two meet?" Nat Asked whilst they waited for their food.
"She was in hospital, Jay refused to leave her side for almost a full day without eating so Erin sent me over to kick him out." Mouse explained.
"Yeah, I woke up asking for Jay and found him by my bedside." Hollie Said with a laugh. "What about you two?"
"Well, we were dating different people but we both liked each other." Nat said as Will nervously took a sip of his drink.

Mouses instincts kicked in when he saw someone walk in who didn't quite seem right, he was followed by two others but they immediately split off from him, one towards the bar and one towards them. "May I help you?" The young waitress asked them. Mouses instincts were bang on perfect as seconds later a loud boom erupted followed by two more and both Halsteads, Nat and Mouses worlds were plunged into darkness.

Authors note: bit of a short chapter but I had to leave it on another cliffhanger.