Act I Scene VIII

Parties?

"Hey either you guys know why no one's getting suspended after what happened the other day at school?" A boy with dark curly hair approaches the small group of three.

"Just forget about it, nobody got hurt," Embry furrows her eyebrows. Today is her first day back since she fell down the stairs. She has no idea what's going on.

"I... I had a concussion," The boy looks a bit angry. Embry has never met him. But something about the way he talks and stands reminds her of someone.

"Nobody got seriously hurt," Stiles rolls his eyes. Embry smacks his shoulder.

"Seriously?" Embry scolds. Everyone just ignores her.

"I was in the ER for six hours," Embry sympathizes. It must have been a bit bad if he was there for that long.

"Hey, do you want to know the truth, Matt? Your little bump on the head is about this high on our list of problems right now," Stiles leans down, his hand about three inches from the pavement.

"Stiles," Embry gets on to him, "Are you okay?" She looks to the boy.

"Yeah, I'm fine now. Hey, I don't think we've met. I'm Matt," Matt smiles at her.

"I'm Embry," Embry smiles shyly. He is a little cute. Not Isaac cute, more like Danny cute. Both boys on her sides stiffen.

"So, uh, you didn't get any tickets last night either?" Matt changes the subject.

"Are they still selling?" Scott speaks up.

"No, but I managed to find a few online. You should keep trying. It seems like everyone's going to be there," Matt nods walks off.

"I still don't like him," Stiles shakes his head as they begin walking in the doors.

"I don't see why. He seems sweet. But I feel like I've met him before," Embry rubs her forehead.

"What do you mean?" Scott lowers his voice.

"I don't know. Just the way he walked, talked, and just stood there staring. It all just seemed familiar," Embry shakes her head, trying to make her headache go away, "It's nothing. You guys have practice. Go."

™™™™™™™

"We got tickets," Stiles pops up next to Embry. Now that she told him about Charlie, he doesn't act like he used to. He doesn't wrap his arm around her shoulders or walk her to class. He just tells her information and leaves to his class.

"Nice," Embry nods, "How'd you get them?"

"Isaac," Embry knows what he saying. Violence.

"Cool," Embry pulls out her headphones and puts one in.

"I wanted to get you one to, but Scott said he didn't want you there. So you wouldn't get hurt or anything," Stiles mumbles. Embry immediately raises her eyebrows.

"What?" Embry is tired of being treated like glass.

"I think he's right. You could get hurt," Stiles is trying to be careful to not get her worked up or anything.

"I'm going," Embry puts in her other headphone and walk towards her class. Leaving Stiles behind in the dust.

™™™™™™™™

Seduction. Not really Embry's fortay. Embry takes a Lexapro, waits thirty minutes and comes up with a plan. She needs a ticket. Who has more than one? Matt. Embry spots him walking down the hall. Embry adjusts her boobs -making her cleavage very noticeable-, Messes up her hair a bit -making it look kind of a sexy mess-, and walks up to him.