Act II Scene VII

What a plot twist

    Stiles, Scott, and Embry are all squashed in the back seat of the bus. A sweat on Embry’s brow, her eyes heavy. With every bump she feels worse and worse.

    “Stop thinking about it, man,” None of them can. Embry thinks about it every time she closes her eyes. She can practically see it.
    “Like, you're not thinking about it too?” Scott doesn’t look to good. Embry just keeps to herself.

“Well, stop thinking about it,” Stiles urges.
    “I can't,” Embry tunes them out. She is in too much pain, and there is this bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. Also, something smells. Like, really bad.

“Embry, you’re hurt,” The name falling from Scott’s mouth grabs her attention, “I can smell it.”

“It’s nothing, I’m fine,” Embry shakes her head. It just causes a headache.

“Em, come on, let me see,” Stiles pesters her until it finally gets on her last nerve.

Embry sighs and lifts her shirt, pulling down her waistband of her leggings. Three gashes run across her hip. A silvery-black substance falling from them.

    “Oh,” Stiles covers his mouth with his hand, “Oh, that, uh, sorry princess, but, uh, thats gross.”

    “Yeah,” Embry pants and leans her head against the cool window.

    “Ethan, he’s listening,” Scott whispers.

    “I understand why you aren’t healing, but Embry’s an alpha. She should heal. Right?”

    “Yeah,” Scott agrees and looks to the girl.   

    “I said I’m fine,” Embry shakes her head.

    “Here princess,” Stiles hands Embry his hoodie, “Get some sleep, I’ll wake you up when we stop.” Embry pulls the hoodie on drinking in the smell of the boy. It’s warm like cinnamon and chocolate, but with a sharp edge. Like mint. Embry smiles and leans against the window once more. Dozing off.

™™™™™™™

    “McCall?! Not you too!” Coaches yelling wakes the girl, “And the little one?! She’s our best runner.”

    “I’m good coach!” Embry croaks out, Embry then closes her eyes and leans against the window.

    “Embry’s still hurt,” Isaac is whispering to Boyd, “Can’t you smell it?”

    “Yeah, this isn’t good,” Embry tunes out, quickly falling back into a deep sleep.

™™™™™™™

While Embry sleeps, Scott and Stiles are trying to find a way to stop the bus.

    “Now the rest of you, don't think we're gonna miss this meet because of a slight traffic jam, a minor tornado warning, Jared. We're gonna make this thing. Nothing's gonna stop us! Stilinski, put your hand down!” If coach doesn’t stop yelling, he is going to wake a tired-as-hell Embry. And that won’t be fun for anyone.

    “You know, there's, like, a food exit about a half a mile up. I don't know if we stop and then maybe-” Coach cuts Stiles off.

“We're not gonna stop!”

“Okay, but if we stop-”

“Stilinski!” Coach blows his whistle, “Shut it! Seriously! It's a little bus! Stop asking me questions!”