The story behind our nicknames

It's the year 1998, and you and Michael have been together for four years. You spend a lot of time with your best friend, Mette, and she means very much to you!

"See you later, my moon!"

"See you, my sun!"

I hug my best friend goodbye, after spending an entire, wonderful day with her. We started off with brunch at a sweet, little café, and the rest of the day was dedicated to shopping and talking and catching up on all the things that have happened in the week we haven't seen each other.

We have been friends since kindergarten, but then we went to two different schools, and didn't see each other until she started on my school in seventh grade. Since then we have been almost inseparable, and kept in touch through different schools and educations, boyfriends and heartbreak, and when she finally married her only one. I'm still waiting for the marriage part, but I know that I have found the right. Michael is the love of my life <3

I smile at the thoughts, while waving at Mettes car driving out of the courtyard at Neverland. When it's out of sight, I turn around to go inside, just to see the door handle go down and the door open up. Out comes none other than my beautiful boyfriend, Michael. He smiles at me, and I happily returns his smile. He walks over to me and gives me a short peck on the lips, before taking my hand and asking:

"Did you have a good day?"

I smile brightly while answering him: "Yes! It was so nice to spend some time with Mette again"

"I'm glad to hear that" He says with a sweet smile, before leaving a small kiss on my forehead. We goes inside, and I put down my single bag on the floor. Shopping isn't that much my thing, but it can be fun with the right people. No matter what, I'm not the kind of person who buys lots of clothes.

We goes to the living room, and Michael asks me to show him what I've bought. With a big smile I open the bag and takes up something I have wanted in a long time.

Thousandth floor.

A book I have wanted since I read a short summary of it some time ago. It's science fiction, and it just sounds so cool!

"You're something else, Gry" Michael tells me with a smile and laughter in his eyes, while slowly shaking his head.

I look questioning at him, and he continues:

"95% of girls I have ever known would have bought new clothes, they would be all excited about dresses and shirts and how it just fits all perfect and all that kind of stuff. And then there's you. Coming home from a whole day of shopping, and what do you show me?? A book."

"I know, I'm hopeless" I answer him, laughing.

"Well, so am I" He says, lifting his hand to gently caress my cheek. "Hopeless in love, that's what I am" he continues mumbling, and I lean in to kiss him on the lips. For a long moment we both just enjoy the feeling, until we finally breaks apart. I just look at him for a moment, taking in all of the beauty in his features, right now, when they show nothing but love and happiness.

"What?" He asks me, probably because I'm just staring at him.

"Don't you ever stop being so adorable!" I answer with a loving smile.

He blushes and looks down at the floor to hide a smile. Which don't work very well, given that I'm several inches shorter than him, and therefore sees him (and most other people too) from that angle all the time.

I just laugh and stands on my toes to reach up and peck him on the lips. I then leaves him in the living room to go and place my new book on my already overfilled bookshelf. I will start reading it tomorrow, the rest of today is dedicated to relaxing and spending some quality time with the beautiful man waiting for me in the living room.