Dreams at Christmas - part 3

This takes place right after part 2, only reason it's not just one chapter is because it thought it would be a bit too long.

When we're finished with our breakfast, we go to the kitchen and help each other with the dishes. Or, that was the plan. It ends up with a bit of a lather-fight - which he started! After only ten minutes it's all over the kitchen table and not least on us! And we're both laughing so hard!

When we finally finishes cleaning the kitchen (and the dishes), and ourselves too, the clock on the wall tells us that it's already 11:27 AM.

"Who should have thought doing dishes could be so fun!" Michael exclaims, still with laughter in his eyes and voice.

"Only someone as crazy as you!" I answer, even though my happy smile and shining eyes probably tells its own story about who's the crazy one here. I remove a bit of lather from his hair that we didn't get our before, and he smiles at me.

"You wanna take a walk?" He asks

"Sure" I answer.

It's a bit cold outside, and we both get our warm jackets before going outside in the fresh December-air. It has to be said that "cold" is a relative concept in California - it's 10° C (50° F)

We start walking one of our favorite routes. It goes right from the front door and around a big part of the ranch - the lake, the zoo, the amusement park, and so on. We talk a lot, about small things - the nature around us, previous Christmas experiences (or lack thereof) and our families and who they're celebrating Christmas with.

"Oh, and Gry, my mom invited us over for tea today" Michael suddenly tells me.

"Sounds great! When can we come??"

"Anytime we like, I'm sure she would say. But around 2 PM is probably what she was thinking"

"Then we'll just come there." I say with a little smile "by the way... Can I drive??" I only got my driver's license a year ago (late, I know. I just didn't have time for it earlier), and the feeling of driving such a big thing as a car, make it go wherever I want it to... I still love it.

"Of course!" Michael answers, with a small glimpse of something that looks like relief in his eyes. He's not exactly a good driver, given that he almost always have a chauffeur, and he knows that very well.

He checks his watch, and raises an eyebrow.

"What is it?? What's the time?" I ask, and he looks at me.

"It's 1:30 PM, so maybe we should go and find the car??" He suggests, and I nod I agreement. It takes about 15 minutes to drive to Michaels parent's house, but with me behind the wheel, there's a good chance that it will take at least 20.

We goes towards the garage, and in only five minutes we're there. I notice nothing unusual about it. Not before Michael opens the gates and I see it. 

It's my butterfly-car, it actually is!

"Michael - Michael you can't be serious! This can't be real!"

"Yes I can, and yes it is" He happily replies to my outburst of disbelief.

"But - but you already gave me a wonderful Christmas present!" I continue

"I know, but I also know that you've dreamt of this one."

"Yes, I have, but..."

"I want to make your dreams come true" he leans down and whispers in my ear.

I hug him tightly.

"Michael, you are a dream that came true to me. I don't need anything else!"