In a restaurant

Okay, I know I don't update very often anymore, but I'm just so busy all the time! I finally got some time to write, so I wrote another story for the wonderful friend I don't have nearly enough time to talk to: @MichaelNpeterpanlove. You really mean a lot to me girl, and I'm sorry for never having time to talk to you. I hope you (and everyone else) like the story!

A cruel smile plays on my lips, as I finish applying my makeup. It has taken longer than normal, but it had to be absolute perfect today. Perfect, so he'll know what he's losing...

As I tap on my phone to check the time, an unread message pops out on the screen. Of course, it's from my soon ex-boyfriend, John.

"Are you ready?"

Oh yes I'm ready, ready to dump your cheating ass! I can feel the rage boiling inside me again at the memory. Just three days ago, I was walking home from school, smiling from the date he invited me out on earlier that day. We had already been dating for a year and a half, so it wasn't as much butterflies anymore, but the thought of spending some time with him still made me happy. At least that was until I got a text from my best friend.

It consisted of a picture, that I had to blink several times to be sure I saw right. Because there, right in front of my eyes, the pixels formed the picture of him and a girl I don't know.

Kissing.

I got mad, of course. I wanted to confront him about it, but of course I had to call my friend and make her tell me all about it first. She convinced me to wait the three days until our date, and then break up with him there. After many tears and hateful comments towards him, I agreed to do as my friend said. And now, the time has come. Oh I can't wait to see his face when I show him the photo!

I quickly step in my shoes, and reply to his text with a short "Yes, I'm leaving now". After a short consideration, I decide to not send the usual heart at the end. Just to give him a little bit of a warning of what's to come.

With a cold happiness, I walk out of the small apartment I share with another girl named Lizzie, who is, like always, out partying with her friends. Normally I'm kind of sad she's always out. I'm sure we could have become great friends, if we could just spend some time together. But tonight, I'm glad she isn't here. I don't need anyone to feel sorry for me.

The day the date was arranged, we had agreed that we drove to the restaurant separately, because we live in opposite ends of town and it would just be a big detour for the one who had to collect the other. When I arrive at the cute, Italian, restaurant, his car is nowhere to be seen in the parking lot. But well, there's still five minutes to 7 PM.

I get in, ask for a table for two, and get seated at a neatly set little table, right at the windows out to the street. Here, he'll be able to see me as soon as he arrives in the parking lot. And I can keep an eye on the cars, and see when he comes...

15 minutes pass, and I start to get a little impatient. But it's probably just the traffic...

Twenty more minutes go... The waitress comes for the third time to ask me if I have decided what to eat, and I just shake my head no. I see a glimpse of sympathy in her eyes, as she guesses what's happening. I know it too, of course I do. But I won't admit it, not yet. It's probably just the traffic, or he forgot something at home, or...

I start to notice the looks I get from the other people in the restaurant. They're the same as from the waitress, and I do my best to ignore them.

When an hour has passed, the waitress stops asking me every 15 minutes. She knows just as well as I do that he's stood me up. And yet I stay there, on the chair, looking at the parking lot through the window in hope of catching a glimpse of his deep blue car.