◽Before ◾

The musty air greets Taehyung as he takes his first step into his new home in Seoul

He takes in a deep breath, stirring the air around him. He doesn't realise he is smiling as he does a quick check of the apartment he has scoured the internet for.

Warm and bright are the words which accurately summarise the house's and Taehyung's personalities. The soft rays of the early morning sun pour through the many glass windows. The summer sky has no clouds to act as an obstruction to the light.

He hears Hoseok calling from below, ordering him to come down the very instant to help him carry the boxes into their apartment.

"Coming!" Taehyung sprints down the stairs, skips the last five steps and does a twirl after he lands on his feet. He spots Hoseok struggling. The older of the two is near the truck, trying to balance the three boxes he has in his hands. He shouts once more, not looking at Taehyung.

"Yah! Come here and help me with these boxes! I still need to go back to my old place and get the rest of my stuff!" He mentally scolds himself for not packing his stuff beforehand.

Taehyung prances his way over to his hyung, takes two out of the three boxes and sprints back in. Not even Hoseok's unnatural stressed out behavior bothers him. In fact, he finds it refreshing for reasons unknown.

Multiple to and fro trips, a few almost-accidents and a stray puppy later, the once empty rooms are filled with second-handed furniture and boxes upon boxes. Hoseok collapses on their already collapsing sofa and groans, the ache in his muscles occupying his conscience. The newly adopted puppy makes itself comfortable in the corner of the room.

Taehyung walks through the new pathways made by their yet-to-be-unpacked items, and strolls down memory lane. He and the boys have worked hard to come to Seoul. Their small gigs and hours of practice have paid off as they got an offer here in this city. The company is also giving a good pay for the job. Just in case it doesn't work out, Taehyung got himself hired at a local restaurant as a waiter and part time saxophonist. A new life awaits him and he can't wait to start.

"I- think I'll- leave now," Hoseok says between breaths. He struggles onto his feet, shakes his head like a wet dog and goes out of the door, throwing a "see you soon" before going out of sight.

And Taehyung is left alone.

I should start unpacking before hyung comes back. He knows that Hoseok will not be of much help, especially when it comes to organizing. He stretches his long torso and legs, pats the nameless dog and begins the hours-long process.

Many forgotten secrets come out of various boxes, each one surprising Taehyung. His pair of boxers that Hoseok claims to have misplaced, ten packets of chips he won in a local lottery, the broken vacuum cleaner which he doesn't think will ever get fixed, well... you get the idea.