◽16th April◾

The view we saw when we climbed the tree together

Hands grabbed and pulled each other, leading a step further to accomplish the unaccomplished.️

◽◾◽◾◽

We were in the middle of a walk around afternoon. The heat was killing, and my shirt was drenched with sweat. The twigs crunched under my feet. The leaves gently swayed to the subtle shifting of the air. The branches provided ample cover from the harsh sun. All in all, it was hard to move forward, but nature became the needed balm.

The instructors informed us that our final stop was just a bit further. It worked its magic on my tired limbs, as the sudden rush of energy spread throughout.

Well, the same rush made me bump into her.

She was in front of a ginormous tree trunk. Her feet were planted on the ground as she squinted towards the sky. The metal in her ear reflected the light, glimmering when she moved.

"What are looking at?" I said, getting up from the ground, which I had been harshly introduced to.

She spoke, keeping her eyes on the tree top. "I need to climb this tree." It didn't answer my question, but it did perk my interest.

"What are you waiting for? Go ahead." She never stopped. She refused to stop or to be stopped.

She casted her eyes towards the gravel terrain. "I- I don't know how. I've never done it before." She let out a shaky breath. "I'm scared of falling. But, I've heard that the view up there is breathtaking." She sighed, her eyes looking back up longingly.

She fears something? I had never thought about that. Now that I did, I felt stupid that I thought that. Of course she was scared of something. After all, she was human, not a goddess.

But she's still a goddess in my eyes.

I didn't want her to be bound by her fears. A small factor such as fear shouldn't stop her from seeing her big dreams come alive.

"Come on."

I dragged her forward, a rarity for me to take the first step.

The tree was really old. Its length was full of scars and scabs, the thick parts having chipped off. My hand rested on it, feeling its rough skin. The branches were evenly spread out, the closest one almost at arm's reach. Also a good thing.

Everyone had moved ahead. Hoseok hyung had been talking one of the other campers, so he probably didn't notice our absence. We wouldn't be missed, which proved that now was the perfect time.

I tossed my bag, praying that nothing would happen to the contents inside, especially my camera.

"What are you doing?"