◽23rd May◾

I told her my name

I told her my name.

I couldn't help it. She put so much trust in me. The least I could do was trust her with my identity.

◽◾◽◾◽

The idea of forming a band is an exciting one. When it is so easy to lose  grip on reality, it becomes easier when the dream is so appealing. I don't think I have to point out that we took up the idea with vigour, driven to bring the image to life.

We were gathered around the campfire spot. We shared the inclination of pursuing music, and we couldn't have been more enthusiastic to start walking on our path to musical achievements.

Since our group was evenly spaced with dancers and musicians, it was easier to work on the two areas simultaneously. But there was a slight problem.

“Yah Jungkook-ah, should we start working on the coordination?”

“But I want to work on this tune!”

“Can't you do it alone?”

“We need Kookie for the melody. We can't decide the exact pitch and tempo without him,” I explained.

Hoseok hyung put his hands on his waist, shifting his weight. “But if we finish this, I can give the beats, so we can do it together.” He did have a valid point.

She sat beside me, focused on writing the lyrics. Holding a time-worn hardcover, black notebook, biting the butt of the pencil, she had her brainstorming look on.

When she heard Hobi hyung’s statement, she looked up. “Maybe… maybe I'll drop this for a moment and help you out Oppa.” After successfully chewing the top layer of the pencil, she went to hyung.

Once they were engaged, Jungkook and I went back to the song.

It was the first song I tried to create. Even though I had the will, because of my lack of experience in this field, it was turning out to be a little hard.

Jungkook was such a help though. Even his mindless humming was good enough to make the song. I could recognize the notes to an extent, so I could contemplate about the instrumental part. Knowing the saxophone had never come to use until then.

But the tune could only help to an extent. Without the words, the melody couldn't be confirmed.

“Hyung, I'll go and work with them. I'll come back after practice.” Jungkook went over to the dancers to add to the steps. He left me alone, letting me handle the entire project.

I couldn't think. I lacked imagination, a position I had never been in previously. I have always been a dreamy person. But back then, I had been drained of thoughts, where I couldn't get anything in my head even if I tried.

It was frustrating. Being robbed of the ability to think is a disastrous situation. It's like my limbs have been taken away from me, leaving me unable to do anything except lay limp, useless.