◽5th May◾

We found him

We found him.

It wasn't just him that we found, but the one that he himself had found amidst all the trees.

◽◾◽◾◽

After hyung told us to let Jungkook do what he wanted, there was the beginning of a new type of trust, where the bonds of friendship would no longer be bound by speech and actions. It was the beginning of something deeper, something that couldn't be named, something that still exists between us.

Two days passed in a blur. The new chapter started the next morning.

Nothing felt normal, but that didn't stop us from trying to seek normality. When someone says normal, it usually refers to our routine of paying a visit to the early sun.

We were returning from seeing the sunrise. Hyung was whistling in the background. I couldn't see what exactly he was doing because I was concentrating on how my feet looked against the earthly brown.

It was fascinating. The ground and angles constantly changed, but my beaten up shoes remained the same. For reasons I don't know, it was oddly beautiful.

It was reason why I bumped into her.

She was staring at something. She was slightly crouched, bending her knees and leaning forward, like she was about to attack or be attacked. The alarming part of all of this was that her eyes were extremely large, the mystic brown swirling with the unidentified. Slowly, taking care not to make any sound, she softly padded towards the side of our path, towards the thicker part of the woods.

I knew better than to talk to her. She was on her pursuit of finding the next thing that would slightly ease her unappeasable curiosity.

It was hard to catch her eye. Anything she payed attention to was worth looking at. So, I went right behind her and searched for the culprit who had stolen her consciousness.

That was when I saw the stag.

It was a creature like none other. Standing a little away from us, it stood motionless, staring right back. Its skin glistened in the new rays, tricking the eyes to see unseen colours. Its legs were rested majestically. A jacket of tender light encased it, increasing the feeling that we were the chosen ones.

The most captivating of all were the eyes. Large eyes that felt like they peered into your soul, seeing everything that made you you and laying them bare in front of you.

So when I saw them, I saw curiosity with a hint of innocence. Curiosity that wanted to know everything, to see everything, to relish and savor every bit of life.

Is this me? Or is this her?

Hobi hyung caught up and I felt him stop behind me. I couldn't hear him breathing, but I don't think I could hear anything then.