◾8th April◽

Our first shared sunrise

She woke me up by knocking me off my bed. From then, every morning began the same way: me being wounded from falling on the floor, and she providing the medicine by lending her hand to raise me up.

◽◾◽◾◽

Ever since she told me to save those polaroids for the special moments, I religiously carried my camera everywhere, waiting for the next polaroid-worthy moment to appear in front of me. The days had passed with teamwork building exercises, where our trio dominated. Even though there were small spats, especially when Hoseok and I were kidding around and she was completely against it, we managed to rise to the top.

That morning, I was having the most dream-like dream of floating aimlessly in a heavenly golden and slight shade of pink. It stretched on and on, the scenery of a happier oblivion, where nothing goes forward or backward.

There I was, feeling weightless, when I was rudely woken up with the feeling that I had suddenly gained a hundred kilograms and the sudden dip in my tummy, indicating that I was falling.

The loud thud and aching back brought my senses back to a working state. I groaned loudly, shifting my weight to my shoulders. I struggled to open my eyes, and when I did, my efforts were rewarded with the sight of royalty, extending the hand of help.

My princess was here to save me.

Grasping it tight, I hauled myself up. She steadied herself, almost falling from my weight. Then, she turned the other way and proceeded to push Hoseok out of his bed.

He shrieked on top of his lungs, almost waking up the rest of the campers. Of course, it would take more than Hoseok's voice to wake up the rest. The physical activities took quite a toll on our bodies.

He scrambled onto his feet and stumbled over his words, "Why di- did you do tha-" He yawned into his fist.

Still a bit drowsy, she straightened his bed. I saw that she had done the same with mine. "You boys sleep like the dead. Simple things like water and stripping bed sheets won't wake you up," she mumbled, focused on the task at hand.

"You could have tried those first," I said, trying to keep the movement of my mouth to the minimum. I rubbed my eyes, focusing on the flickering candlelight on the table top. Then, I moved onto her.

She was still in her night things. Her shorts and tank top were crumpled, and her hair was a mess. Her feet were bare. A torch was tucked in her shorts. Her glasses were crooked on her nose, but she didn't notice. Her lips curved into a sleepy grin. "What fun would that be? Now hurry up. We need to leave now."

"Uh, why?" It was dark outside, and I had no wish to die of fear.

My camera was in my hand. I slept with it. I couldn't distance myself from it, however hard I tried, which wasn't much actually.