◽13th May◾

We stopped at the same tree where I took her to the top

But this time, we didn't go up. Instead, we looked for what was underneath.

◽◾◽◾◽

The clouds began to thicken as the days went on. It hadn't begun raining, but it looked like it would happen soon in the near future.

Our camp had also progressed. The amount of strenuous exercises had decreased, compared to how rigorous it had been in the beginning. The concept of free time was reintroduced into our lives.

I wanted, with all my heart, to go back to that place we'd found. It was enchanting, the natural beauty left untamed. It made me feel free and open, like I had the whole world for myself. Ever since we came back from there, I had dreamt of going back, to revel in that calm once again.

The first person I turned to was her.

It was the end of the second quarter of the day that I approached her with this desire at hand. It was during a small break between tasks that I thought of asking her. She never refused an adventure, no matter what it was. It was my confidence in her answer that made me not mind asking her.

As I went to her, her back facing me, Jungkook was talking to her.

“-just once! A small run can't hurt!” he whined.

She shook her head, the frown filled with annoyance. “Not today Kookie. I'm not in a mood.”

“Please Noona.”

“Jungkook I'm really sorry. Some other time maybe.”

He looked disappointed. He sighed and went away, hopping over to Hobi hyung.

“Hey.” She turned to look at me after I patted her back, sporting a small frown. “I feel so bad for Kookie, but I really don't feel like doing anything. I'm never like this, I don't know what's wrong.”

“It's okay to not be normal sometimes.”

“Yeah, I know.” She stretched her torso and said, “So, let's get this day done with, shall we?”

Nodding at her words, I went along with her to the group surrounding the instructors. But instead of listening to what was being said, I was thinking about her. If she didn't want to do anything, then I didn't want her to force her for my sake. I guess she needed a break from our customary evenings spent with the trees and just be with people instead.

I spent the rest of the time trying to suppress my urge to sprint into the woods to find my sanctuary. I didn't want to give away my wish for her to even consider it.

While going back, I thought, maybe I could just have this adventure on my own. It would be a little lonely yes, but I couldn't deprive myself of something just because all my wanted circumstances weren't there.