◾29th May◽

She took this picture

The party was filled with drunk dances and mad cackles, but I was high on my sole addiction: her.

◽◾◽◾◽

It was the night before we went back to our normal lives. But it was a foreign sensation, to think about my house back in the city, when these two cabins held those I called home.

I refused to accept that we had to leave this sanctuary within a few hours. I dwelled in the feeling that this would last forever. I find it funny that it was so easy to convince myself of permanency while living in an ever-changing world.

The evening light had company this time, what with fairy lights, candles, and a fire. Chairs of all sizes were arranged at random. The cabins were deserted, for all the campers were out in the open, rejoicing that it was the last day.

Yah, I never thought that this would be fun, but-”

“-it was. We know Tae, you've been telling this from the last ten minutes,” she said, rolling her eyes. Yes, she used my name freely in front of others, so they now knew my name. And every time I heard the syllables of my name roll from their mouths, I smiled. I still wasn't used to hearing my so often.

So, internally pleased, I continued, “But if that's how I feel, what else am I supposed to say?”

“You can say nothing,” Jungkook offered. I pouted, but soon recovered when he slung his arm around me. Affectionate by touch, he let his limb rest there.

Hoseok hyung came towards us, carrying two cups in his hands. “Drinks anyone?” He asked, holding the cups for anyone to take.

Jungkook inched his hands to grab the cup, but hyung immediately moved it away from his reach. Guess it wasn't for just anyone.

“You aren't old enough for this stuff yet. Wait for another year,” Hyung rebuked. Though he could be a kid himself at times, he could switch sides to become the mom.

Jungkook looked slightly disappointed but didn't say anything else.

“You want some?” Hyung asked her, thrusting the cup into her hands, leaving no other option. She looked like she was about to argue, but Hobi hyung rushed away, mingling with the others. I think he wanted to spend some time with the rest too, this being the last day.

Jungkook said, sniffing at the liquid, “What is this?”

“No idea.” The liquid sloshed as the cup was transferred to me. When I looked at her bewildered, she said, “You drink, don't you?”

“Rarely.” My stomach had begun its protests, remembering the way I had puked after my first time drinking. “But once in a while is okay.”

Averting my eyes from the plastic in my hand, I skimmed over the surface of what I knew would be a memorable evening.