A surprising message.

Emily's POV:
I sat in the hospital room lonely. The cast all had to go, Lin and Vanessa were still asleep so there was no one to talk to that was until my phone buzzed. I checked it and saw that Sophia had text me? She'd sent a picture of me,her and Lin I remember that day, then she'd  wrote *im sorry I never forgot you I just missed you how are you? What's going on in your life?*
Almost instantly I replied excitedly she remembered me!  *HEY SOPHIA! I'm not so good right now Lin and Vanessa are in the hospital :(* thankfully she replied quickly  *omg why?* again I answered quickly *a robber shot Vanessa and hit Lin with a bat* she hesitated for a moment then started to type I guess she was just surprised *oh no I'm so sorry tell them I hope they get well soon* she quickly replied *ok will do thanks*i would tell them when they woke up. Then she quickly typed  *gtg talk later*of course she'd probably be in school so she wouldn't be able to talk long. I put my phone away and Vanessa had finally woken up!

"Vanessa!" I called and she shot me a weak smile "hey sweetheart. Where are we?" She asked and I gave her a sad look "were in the hospital the intruder gave Lin a concussion and shot you" I explained and she looked shocked "are Lin and Seb ok?" She asked worried and I smiled "yeah they're both sleeping right now, Lins going to be discharged tomorrow but I'm not sure about you. I should probably tell the doctor your awake be right back" I walked out the room and went to the front office "excuse me miss, ms Miranda in room 24601 has woken up we need a doctor to come check her " the woman nodded and I headed back to the room Lin had woken up to now and he was leaned over Vanessa's bed kissing her. "Ewww pda much" they both turned blushing and I laughed.

I suddenly remembered the message "oh Sophia says she hopes you get well soon" they both looked at me confused then sympathetically "emily sweetheart  willows gone remember did the robber hit you i swear to god i will murder him for hurting my girls" Lin told me and I just laughed showing them the phone "she text me see!" They looked happy "where is she? Anthony and jazzy still want to foster her" Lin asked "oh I still don't know where she is I'll ask her later but she's probably in school right now" I told them.

The day seemed to fly right by we were told Vanessa could be discharged with Lin tomorrow so we were very happy about that and I lay in the hospital room happily thinking back on the day. Lin and Vanessa were coming home tomorrow and Sophia had text me, I wanted to stay in touch with her this time I wouldn't let her slip away.i knew she could be going to bed soon but I messaged her anyway.

*hey. How's life for you now? Where are you?* I smiled and she quickly replied *hi. Life's good now just got taken from my abusive family back in the orphanage which is good* I was utterly shocked and I started to type rapidly   *you were in an abusive family! I'm so sorry Sophia! I'm glad your safe where are you?* she slightly hesitated then quickly typed *yes I was but I couldn't tell you they would've killed me! Thanks I'm glad I'm safe too. I'm in the orphanage don't worry*  she kept dodging the question I needed to know where she was *no no I mean where are you because your not in New York  are you?* I asked hopefully *i can't tell you where I am but your right im not in New York anymore! Anyway how's seb?* she tried to change the subject I saw no point in trying to get her location she obviously wouldn't tell me. *sebbys fine he's sleeping, you should probably get to bed too goodnight* I told her feeling quite defeated *goodnight emily* she replied and I turned of my phone, I really thought I could find out where she was but i wouldn't give up quite yet.

The next day Anthony came to pick us up from the hospital and take us home as Lin and Vanessa weren't able to drive quite yet. Lin had too have one day of rest before driving and Vanessa had to wait a week since her injury was a bit more severe than Lins. We all snuggled up on the sofa and "watched" Les mis we didn't really watch it, it was more like Vanessa and Seb laughing at me and Lin singing the whole thing and crying at the end of it.

After les mis I made everyone bacon, scrambled egg and pancakes as a late brunch. They all expressed their delight of having food made for them. " how do you know how to cook so well emily?" Vanessa asked and I froze "oh...uh well a lot of my foster parents would make me cook for them." I said quietly not wanting Lin and Vanessa to make cook for them. They both gasped I thought I'd given them the idea. "That's terrible Emily parents should cook for their kids not the other way round!" Lin said passionately and I relaxed smiling.

About a week passed and nothing really happened I kept in touch with Sophia, Lin was able to perform again I went back to school after staying with Lin and Vanessa in the hospital. But Lin told me he had business in jersey city and invited me to come i was very excited.