Alternate Ending

A/N
Hey, just wanted to clarify that this is not the actual ending, the one I hope you just read in the previous chapter is the real ending. This was just something I came up with for no reason at all. You may not like it. There is an epilogue after.

》》》》》》》》》》《《《《《《《《《《

Cato's P.O.V

"Go ahead," I say to Peeta as I hold Katniss in a head lock on the side of the horn. "you hit either one of us then we both go down and you win. I always wanted to die, I didn't know that till now, but at this point it's together or not at all right?" Peeta stares at me blankly deciding what to do.

He looks at the mutts for a quick second and I take my chance. I spin around and push Katniss over the edge. She screams and catches Peeta's attention. I duck knowing whats coming next. Sure enough his axe comes sailing over my head and falls into the pack. I grab Katniss's weapon and load an arrow.

"What are you gonna do now?" I ask. He stares wide eyed and I can't take it. I fire my shot but he ducks this time. He runs straight at me and I don't have my new weapon prepared. He grabs my legs and I pluck a pointed knife from my pocket. He rolls off me for a millisecond and I send the metal of the blade into his heart.

Two cannons blow and the victory bells ring. Wait, I told Clove I'd be with her soon and now I won't. I stand up and slide down the metal frame as a hovercraft appears above. I still hold the knife in my hand that is wet with Peeta's blood, and I don't plan on letting it dry just yet.

The ladder starts to descend for me but I step back. I look up at the sky and the millions of eyes watching me. I smile and prepare my 'speech'.

"Let's make this an interesting year!" I yell and thrust the blade into my heart. The gamemakers won't be happy and I don't care.

A light appears and Clove comes with it dressed in the last thing she was wearing, her tribute outfit.

"You came." She says in her usual voice but adding a smile. "I know you said you would, I just didn't expect you to, especially after I watched you win. You had a family, people you love." She said with a look of sadness.

"You're the only person I love now." I say with a smile. She smiles too and holds out a hand. I take it and together we walk into the blinding light.

》》》》》》》》》》《《《《《《《《《《《

We reach the other side in a matter of seconds and on this side stands everyone who has ever died in Panem. I nickname this place 'Dead Panem' and walk into the new world. A cluster of people surround me, most tributes of these games. I look at the ground knowing I killed a majority of them. Katniss walks up and pushes me backwards, causing me to stumble out of Clove's grip.

"You!" She yells furious. "I had a sister, a mother, people I cared about! I know you don't care about that, but you won and you gave up life when any of us could have gone home instead! I lost Prim-" She chokes up and tears roll down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. To all of you." I can tell that no matter what I do it will never be good enough for them to forgive me. Katniss has sat down on a stone, all teary eyed.

"Katniss?" The squeeky voice of a child says from behind me. Katniss whips her head around, as do I. I find Primrose, her sister, standing with her mom, Gale Hawthorne and the rest of the Hawthorne family.

"Prim? What are you doing here?" She asks genuinely concerned.

"We couldn't live without you." Gale answers stepping forwards. She runs up and hugs them all. Two men around the same age appear from the edge of the crowd and stare at them. Katniss looks and tears spring into her eyes. All of Katniss's group looks and rushes over.

"Papa!" The youngest says. The two men are their fathers who probably died in some mining accident. I smile, though I shouldn't, at least something good came out of this. They were reunited with their papas and were two complete families again.