Alternate Ending Epilogue

My tuxedo fits perfectly as I walk down the aisle to where the man that will marry Clove and I stands with his book. Everything has been perfect these past few months. I asked Clove to marry me last month at the time of year when in the land of the living I would be preparing for the victory tour.

  I reach the end of the path and stand where I have practiced standing so many times. The wedding march music plays as Clove walks down the same way I did following Posy, Gale's little sister and flower girl. Her lacey white dress swings around her ankles. Prim and Rue follow close behind, for they took the roles as bridesmaids.

  She reaches me and the girls sit in the audience as the ceremony begins. Glimmer, her maid of honour, stands in the traditional place, as does Marvel, my best man. Clove's veil is removed, making her eyes twinkle in the afternoon sun. We decided to do the wedding the 'Clato' way, since we had never seen a real wedding and have no idea what it looks like.

  "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. We are doing this wedding, as I was told, the 'Clato' way so we are beginning with vows." The man says. Clove chose to go first and I didn't disagree so she starts.

  "Cato, I love you. I always have, and always will. I don't care what happens to one of us, we will always find our way back to each other. Not even death can keep true love apart." She decided to make it short, quick, and get to the point, one of her many qualities.

  "Clove, I first met, and fell in love, with you at the age of five. Then at the age of ten we promised that if we ever got picked for the games we would win together or not at all. Throughout the entire time we were in the arena I kept that promise in my head. When I heard your screams at the feast I ran as fast as I could to save you, but it was too late. I sat next to you and cried, not caring what the districts or Capital thought. I felt like all my hope in the world was lost and I would never recover. I just kept telling myself that it was together or not at all, and I geuss this time it was not at all." I had planed for my ending to be like that but something better came to mind. "If I hadn't come to the after life I would be in district eight reciting some speech on my victory tour. Instead I'm here, and this, is my victory." I finish it off and see a few tears in the audience.

  "Now for the marrying." The book man says. "Do you Cato Rogers take Clove Reed to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold throughout this lovely afterlife?"

  "I do." I say squeezing her hand.

  "And do you Clove Reed take Cato Rogers to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

  "I do." She says returning my squeeze.

  "Well then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." I lean in and Clove does the same. Our lips touch and my new life begins.

                                                                                           A/N
      Hope you enjoyed the book and alternate ending, completely understand if you didn't. There are two more books with actual twists so I hope you like them.

                                                 P.S. I don't really like Cato, but I so ship Clato.

                                           P.P.S Wanted to let you know that book 2 is now out😁😁