Please Don't Kill Me

I walk with the careers in search of Katniss and water. It's starting to get dark and hopping on one foot withoit being able to see where your landing isn't easy. Marvel whispers to Cato and points to a faint orange light about 300 metres away. He motions for us to follow him and we do. I find a thick stick and use it to help me walk. The Capital logo appears in the sky and the national anthem plays. As it plays the fallen tributes faces pop up one by one in the sky.

  We reach the light fast and see the district eight girl warming her hands next to a fire. Cato hands Glimmer his sword and Seianna screams loud enough for anything with in a 2 km radius to have their eardrums blasted to bits. Glimmer stabs her in the heart and they all laugh.

"Hey lover boy come on." Cato calls as they begin leaving.

"Have fun at your scaring con back there?" I ask sarcasticly hopping ahead. We continue walking for a minute, but when the cannon doesn't sound we stop.

  "Shouldn't the cannon have gone?" Clove asks. Cato nods his head.

  "I'll go see whats wrong." I tell them. I turn around and see Katniss tied to a tree. Our eyes meet for a split second and I continue walking to see whats wrong. I reach the campfire quickly and see Seianna slowly creeping away. When I grab her arm she looks into my eyes. "I'm sorry." I say as I push the sword through her heart. She stops moving and the cannon blows, signaling her death. I head back over and find them joking about her reaction.

  "Oh please don't kill me!" Glimmer says mimicking what Seianna's face would say if it could talk.

  "You do it?" Clove asks when she sees me.

  "Did you hear the cannon?" I ask not impressed that she had to ask that.

  "Let's go." She says rolling her eyes. Marvel motions for me to lead the way and I do.

  "You sure she went this way?" Cato asks.

  "Ya, I'm sure."

  "You better be." We keep walking till a small clearing comes into veiw and decide to rest there for the night. I lay down away from the others so I have space to think. It's only day one but it feels like weeks, and I keep getting lost in the thought of Lavinia and our kiss. I know it was just a goodbye kiss, but it was my first kiss and it was a great one. I fall asleep as soon as I'm sure the careers wont suddenly wake up and kill me.

  The next morning I wake up first and walk away from our campsite to gather some berries. I go with in a 400 yard range and find a large blackberry bush. Once I've stripped it bare I head back and eat a few berries in case they don't let me have any. When I reach camp the others are just waking up.

  "Where did you go." Cato asks not trusting anything I do.

  "To get berries." I reply quietly. They take the food and start to eat. Glimmer trys to shoot a squirel but fails terribly. I throw my axe at a nearby rabbit and cut it's head clean off.

  "You trying to show off?" Cato asks rudely.

  "No, just helping." I grab the rabbit and give it to Cato.

  "Get a fire going." He says to no one in particular. I assume he's talking to me so I take the axe to go cut up some wood. I drop an arm load of logs on the ground and split them in half. Marvel takes the chopped up ones and starts arranging them in a pyramid fire shape. Glimmer takes a box of matches out of a pack and strikes a match on the box. As fancy as the Capital is, for the Hunger Games they still use district 12's way of lighting a fire.

  The flickering tiny fire on the match makes contact with the wood and bursts into flames. They all chuckle as it burns and for some odd reason I look away. They skin and cook the rabbit, then devour it and toss me a hunk.

  "Why are you giving me food?" I ask curiously.

  "Because it was your kill, and you need to eat if you want to help us find Katniss." He says mattter of factly. I eat the meat and we stamp out the fire, heading off for another Katniss search.